You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Artboards and (Transparency at) Export

• Staff

I'd like to ask for some clarification here, as I think I'm missing something from the recording - I can see in the first half you have a singular Artboard, which when exported to PNG (through the Export Persona) includes the transparency around the Rectangle.

You then duplicate the Artboard and return to the Export Persona, but I don't see any further exports created after this point, simply enabling/disabling the Slices in the Export Persona - which all seems to work as expected, from what I can see. 

Can you please expand on the exact behaviour you're referring to, and the improvements you're hoping to see in this regard? :)

Also, you may want to type a more thorough summary of your exact issue into your posts as text.
No offense, but having to listen to such a video to understand what the issue is about is almost as annoying as people who are sending 3 minutes long voice messages rather than typing a five words SMS that would contain exactly the same information (and I do know people who do exactly that… ;)
Merci :) 

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2

58 minutes ago, Dan C said:

I'd like to ask for some clarification here, as I think I'm missing something from the recording - I can see in the first half you have a singular Artboard, which when exported to PNG (through the Export Persona) includes the transparency around the Rectangle.

You then duplicate the Artboard and return to the Export Persona, but I don't see any further exports created after this point, simply enabling/disabling the Slices in the Export Persona - which all seems to work as expected, from what I can see. 

Can you please expand on the exact behaviour you're referring to, and the improvements you're hoping to see in this regard? :)

Sorry, I try :-):

Main topic is a lack of visual representation of the transparency state of artboards and a confusion of artboards vs. document setting transparency:

From these artboards, the left and right are transparent, Document settings is set to not Transparent backgrounds (default):

image.png.f484818cf81c0e396b112628ed8e21a7.png

I would like to see a checkerboard on the left and right artboard. I know, the document setting! But, what if this very setting would be disabled when you have arboards? leaving transparency solely to them individually?

When I export them to PNG (for instance) I get this view in the export persona:

image.thumb.png.7d0ccba22a44be1e0d1ec9170c0277b2.png

Why not showing here the matte colour and the transparency on the slices themselves? Or, if the problem is several differnet possible exportformats – then at least, what's transparent and what not.

And while I'm at it: It would be gorgeous, if there is bleed in a document and an artboard has a background colour defined, that very colour would fill the bleed at export:

image.png.399503cb82d0723b064803686f8bff2f.png

Second topic:

Enabling/disabling many artboards/slices @ export: Please forget about that, I found out, that one can cmd-select several and then mark/unmark them for export – my bad.