You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

2.3.0 beta 2314 - lost Frame Text shortcut

Although clicking Serif Defaults works, my Frame Text shortcut (T) from the previous build is lost. Reloading my fresh shortcuts file saved with the first beta doesn't solve it. I've attached it in case it's helpful for review.

Publisher23a.affshortcuts

I haven't reviewed my key shortcuts so this is all I've noticed so far, but I while checking it I noticed the style picker tool is listed twice in shortcuts.

Screenshot2023-11-07at9_02_05AM.png.8e248fbe8d4c8e9d71c8a76fda81781a.png

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.2 for macOS Sonoma 14.5, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)

• Staff
24 minutes ago, MikeTO said:

Although clicking Serif Defaults works, my Frame Text shortcut (T) from the previous build is lost. Reloading my fresh shortcuts file saved with the first beta doesn't solve it. I've attached it in case it's helpful for review.

Publisher23a.affshortcuts 208.93 kB · 3 downloads

I haven't reviewed my key shortcuts so this is all I've noticed so far, but I while checking it I noticed the style picker tool is listed twice in shortcuts.

Screenshot2023-11-07at9_02_05AM.png.8e248fbe8d4c8e9d71c8a76fda81781a.png

To add on to what Gabe said, the doubling up issue is something I've spotted when doing some customisation upgrade testing. It doesn't seem to be every tool, however some Tools where their shortcuts have been customised are being doubled up.

5 minutes ago, Sean P said:

To add on to what Gabe said, the doubling up issue is something I've spotted when doing some customisation upgrade testing. It doesn't seem to be every tool, however some Tools where their shortcuts have been customised are being doubled up.

Thanks, that's interesting. I didn't realize the commands listed changed based on the loaded custom shortcuts file. I switched to Serif Defaults and it went away and then loaded the shortcuts file and it returned.

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

25 minutes ago, Intuos5 said:

What is the recommennded procedure then if loading shortcuts doubles them? Is this another fix that's in the works or do we need to redo the entire keyboard shortcut customisation?

I think it's best to ignore it now. I tried removing that shortcut and adding it back and once I restarted the double listed shortcut was back. It's not a big deal, so I think we should probably wait for it to be sorted out.