You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How to align image and text within a text box?

Hello! I did not succeed in finding an answer, would you know if the following is possible in Affinity Designer 2?

I'd like the blue icon to be vertically centered with the sentence (the bottom of the text is now aligned with the bottom of the icon).

Thank you for your help!

Screenshot 2023-10-24 at 7.54.09.png

1 hour ago, Elwen said:

I'd like the blue icon to be vertically centered with the sentence (the bottom of the text is now aligned with the bottom of the icon).

Hello @Elwen,

in addition to what @steday suggests you do not neccessarily need to pin the image. You can simply copy and paste it inside the text. It then is treated like a letter. Baseline shift is the value to adjust accordingly.

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

Thank you, that solved my problem. It would be great if I could set the setting for all images within the text box (there are many icons mixed with the text). But even if it is not a possibility this helped me a lot. Thanks again!

4 hours ago, Elwen said:

It would be great if I could set the setting for all images within the text box (there are many icons mixed with the text)

Create a text style for the character. Then select the character and choose a style. You can select them all by holding down the Control key, then apply the style you created to all of them.

Anto is right, create a text style.

I have hundreds of inline images like this in the Publisher manual I've shared in this forum for various user interface icons. I apply a text style named "Icon" to each of them to adjust the baseline offset.

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.2 for macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)