You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi @abra100pro,

Could you confirm whether you are seeing this on Mac or Windows and provide some details about your system spec, which version of the OS you're running and the screen you're using to view this on along with the screen resolution?

I'm not seeing this issue at all in the AD 2.2 Beta or Retail version on macOS.

Out of interest, what happens when you have Snap to object bounding boxes enabled in the Snapping options, does the blue rectangle then snap to the border of the black rectangle?

Affinity Designer 2.4.2 | Affinity Photo 2.4.2 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.2
Affinity Designer  Beta 2.5.0 (2430) | Affinity Photo Beta 2.5.0 (2430) | Affinity Publisher Beta 2.5.0 (2430)

Affinity Designer 1.7.3 | Affinity Photo 1.7.3 | Affinity Publisher 1.10.8
MacBook Pro 16GB, macOS Monterey 12.7.4, Magic Mouse

macOS Sonoma 14.0

Apple Macbook Pro 13" M1 with another screen Samsung 3440x1400px (Problem on both screens)

16Gbs RAM

OpenGL for rendering the display.

I tried it with another document and it worked there. So I attach the doc with the problem.

here are some screenshots on where to look at:

image.png.41fa61f5fd24efc6fd2b80231de14ab9.png

image.png.58633d24ab5f5e244aa494b69473f1bc.png

it's on the top of the blue rectangle (towards the black line):

image.png.67cec56d3b9ea7d194792ad7d586d997.png

Flags.afdesign

Hi @abra100pro,

Many thanks for providing your system and OS specs, that is really helpful.

I'm wondering whether this could be a Sonoma or a Sonoma/M1-specific issue as I'm certainly not seeing an issue on Monterey with v2.2... Hopefully, someone running the same combination can also test your file with a view to narrowing down whether it could potentially be one or the other or a combination of the two...

When you see the problem is this with both screens connected or do you still see the issue on the MacBook Pro 13" screen when the Samsung screen is disconnected?

Flags file on Monterey 12.6.8 in AD v2.2 Retail (same applies to AD v2.2 Beta)

Affinity Designer  Beta 2.5.0 (2430) | Affinity Photo Beta 2.5.0 (2430) | Affinity Publisher Beta 2.5.0 (2430)

It actually looks like a flickering that could come from the way, the screen is drawn (though your video shows a flickering, too, but always a smooth and correct zoom). I tested it on the MBP's Screen only and the result was the same. So the second screen has no influence.

I think the flickering you see on my screen recording is simply a screen redraw 'issue' though you could equally argue yours is as well but as you say, the positioning of the two objects remains consistent when zoomed, for me at least.

Thanks for checking the MBP's screen on its own, at least it's ruled the screen option out.

Do you by any chance have Hardware Acceleration enabled in the Performance settings? If you do, it would be worth disabling that which will require an AD reboot, to see if that changes anything. Over and above that I think it's most likely pointing towards a Sonoma/M1 issue.

Thanks for confirming that disabling Hardware Acceleration makes no difference, hopefully, someone from the Serif team will be able to test your file as well to see if they can replicate the issue and define possible causes...

• Staff

Hi abra100pro,

Is this something that only shows for you on the bottom of the two t-shirt examples, and doesn't appear on the bottom row of the flags on Artboard 1? I'm seeing this behaviour on both Mac and Windows on that t-shirt example, I suspect something is going wrong with numbers when the zoom is that high.