You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Problem with file

3 hours ago, andreg said:

hi, for some reason I started having problem with a file. In different Macs it happens... publisher works bad on export, when I save sometimes it gets stuck and I have to close... etc...

Hi and welcome to the forums. Does the document link to any external resources? If so, test the problem by renaming the folder containing the resources, or moving the resources elsewhere if they're in the same folder. Don't relink the resources when opening the file. If it opens this way then it should be fixable by replacing the resources one by one.

Another test you could try is to start exporting and leave it for a few hours to see if it ever finishes.

Regardless of which test you try, let us know here how it goes. Also, Serif will likely want to know which Mac you're using and which version of macOS. Plus which version of Affinity and which Affinity app.

Good luck.

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.2 for macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)

hi!

iMac 3 GHz Intel Core i5 
Radeon Pro 560X 4 GB
16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4
13.4.1 (c) 

Publisher 1.10.6

i am having some troubles with placed PDF files... I exported them in designer and placed in publisher.. all fine. 
i removed all links and started to link some files.. when I got to one certain amount of files it started giving problems again

PS: I think I found the problematic file... let's see...

41 minutes ago, andreg said:

what do you like me to share? all files or just AFPUB?

I think we'd need to see the afpub and the linked pdf that seems to be causing the problem.

If you aren't comfortable sharing it publicly, try to replicate the issue with a blank afpub file with the same linked pdf.

Cheers

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.2 for macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)

On 9/20/2023 at 8:38 PM, andreg said:

I started having problem with a file

20 hours ago, andregs said:

well it happens even saving or just working in the document. not only on export.

Do you know of a change in your setup or layout that may trigger an issue apart from placed resources, a font file for instance?

I can export a PDF with your shown settings (incl. 'text as curves') but I don't have "Edwin" and "Opus Text" installed. So, could one of your font files cause an issue in your setup, e.g. have gone corrupted? (for a test you could deactivate them in your font manager – replace them in APub via F&R – or create a new document with certain fonts only)

When I open + "Save As…" your .afpub it results in a slightly increased file size (30.9 -> 32.6 MB) which I haven't experienced before with "Save As…". It appears unusual especially because of the missing image resources. So, maybe the attached  saved-as .afpub behaves different for you?

Edited by thomaso
(attachement removed to avoid copyright issues)

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1