You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello, I have an EPS file I got from Vecteesy (attached / link) and have been trying to open it with Affinity Designer or Photo, but when I try I get a blank page (also attached).

I'm able to open it with Photoshop, so I know the file isn't corrupted. At the moment I need to work with those vectors in Affinity Designer.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thank you in advance.

Screenshot 2023-09-17 at 9.13.23 AM.png

vintagebulb.eps

• Staff

Hi Eric,

This file seems to open fine for me however large amounts of it are rasterised as is typically the case when opening EPS files created in a third party app in Affinity. The following forum post should explain more regarding this. 

As for the file opening blank at your end are you opening it via the standard File > Open operation within Affinity?

Thanks
C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

7 minutes ago, eric5310 said:

Thank you for getting back to me. Yes, I've tried double-clicking, drag-and-drop, as well as File>Open.

I think at this point I'll just use a different asset. If you can open on your side but I can't, then the problem must be on my side.

In iPad version beta, no problems. Loaded without problems.

2 hours ago, eric5310 said:

trying to open it with Affinity (…)

To me this file opens in colourful RGB – whereas your screenshot mentions "Grayscale D50" as "your working profile". Might this be related to your issue?

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

2 hours ago, eric5310 said:

At the moment I need to work with those vectors in Affinity Designer

Can't be parsed in as plain vectors and thus has a bunch of image data then inside, probably due to the letter fills (same as using styles in ADe). So it's pretty useless if you wanted instead to have all as plain vectors!

vintage-bild.jpg.678955e27f43402e3d5a847e448527f9.jpg

You better try to make your own in Designer here.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2