You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Export to PDF from AP miscolours some objects

This is about PDF export from Affinity Publisher. Tested with AP 2.1 and AP 2.2 b6711, iPadOS 16.6, iPad Pro 12.6 (6th generation). 

I have two objects, seemingly the same colour (left). When saving as PDF (for print) (vanilla settings), one gets a wrong colour for one of the objects:

IMG_7086.thumb.jpeg.836976922dd576787884dc8d95b3d948.jpeg       IMG_7088.jpeg.63c1368dc0579ce5f12fa7281e8f5985.jpeg

I enclose the original afpub file and the exported pdf.

As this is for a soon-to-be-published book with many occurrences of this bug, I hope it will be fixed soon.

Best regards,
    Hans

colourtest.pdf colourtest.afpub

31 minutes ago, joe_l said:

If I tweak the Pressure profile of the left element a tiny bit, both colours match exactly.

Yes, the bug isn't stable. However, I want AP to be predictable here, not tweakable. Select same fill colour selects both objects, yet the left one gets miscoloured. Copy the right object, paste style on the left, still it gets miscoloured.

My current workaround fix is: Duplicate the ok object. Change corner cordinates to those of the not-ok object. Delete the not-ok object. Now the image looks the exact same in AP, and works when exported (no miscoloured objects).

The issue appears to relate to the stroke positioning, i.e., it only seems to affect centred strokes. Changing the stroke to either outside or inside (which may not be an option) remedies the colour change on export issue...

Testing in v1.10.6 and the issue doesn't exist regardless of stroke positioning...

Affinity Designer 2.4.2 | Affinity Photo 2.4.2 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.2
Affinity Designer  Beta 2.5.0 (2415) | Affinity Photo Beta 2.5.0 (2415) | Affinity Publisher Beta 2.5.0 (2415)

Affinity Designer 1.7.3 | Affinity Photo 1.7.3 | Affinity Publisher 1.10.8
MacBook Pro 16GB, macOS Monterey 12.7.4, Magic Mouse