You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

OMD - B-Sides - reproduction (Affinity Designer)

adam1762

If you are selling a reproduction, are you not then in breach of copyrght? Even though you are not passing off the original work as your own, you are making a profit from the other's intellectual property.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

• Staff

Hi @adam1762,

You are more than welcome to share your reproduction album artwork created in Affinity here on the Forums, however as per our Guidelines:

You may not distribute or otherwise publish any material containing any solicitation of funds, promotion, advertising, or solicitation for goods or services.
(&)
Prohibited Content

• any advertising or soliciting including, without limitation, advertisements, store announcements, for sale or trade, coupons, sales, consultants, and eBay postings

Therefore I have edited your previous post to remove the link to the external store. 

Equally, I am not personally a copyright expert, but as John mentions above you will likely need the copyright holders permission in order sell reproduction artwork on any site.

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• 1 month later...
On 9/10/2023 at 10:54 AM, John Rostron said:

Jeśli wypuścisz reprodukcję, czy nie naruszasz prawa? Jeśli nie przedstawiasz dzieła jako własne, czerpiesz zyski z opisu innej osoby.

styczeń

It depends on how accurate the reproduction is, e.g. RedBubble did not accept this design for me and many others, but they keep some of my designs to check if they violate copyright, so I have learned not to make too accurate reproductions, I will give you an example , it is better to use a similar font than to recreate the curves of the original font, the same goes for the graphics, visually they seem to be the same, but if you look closely you will see the difference, after Redbubble checks the copyright, the project is approved for sale or not.