You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Latetly when i export a Picture from Affinity Photo to FIlm Pack it result in a square format.

Latetly when i export a Picture from Affinity Photo to FIlm Pack it result in a square format.

FilmPack.thumb.JPG.4ddec37d2c9e2c1db8e2bb8e1679343a.JPG

When i`m back in Affinity Photo this is the result:

FilmPackResult.thumb.JPG.72a8f62ef08a31a722bbb4dda55e084b.JPG

Film Pack is the latest Version, deinstall and reinstall dosn`t do the trick, any Ideas?

Btw. this happens with every picture which i send from Affinity Photo to the Film Pack PlugIn!

FilmPack2.thumb.JPG.c486bdf7bbc69ff9255e6169913c4eb8.JPG

FilmPackResult2.thumb.JPG.50340f07af1c3b9463f705f353832e78.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/29/2023 at 10:48 AM, Lee D said:

@Aktive Pupille I've tested this plugin on both macOS and Windows and get different results but the image is still distorted in some way. I've logged this with our developers to look into to see if any improvements can be made.

Basicly the answer from the DXO Support was that Affinity Photo is officially not supported. DId you get a rsponse from your developers?

On 8/29/2023 at 11:00 AM, Aktive Pupille said:

to be honest, i belive the problem is on the FilmPack (DXO) side, because it worked all well till the last FilmPack update and i don`t have updated Affinity Photo.

I'm still working with FilmPack 5.0. Even with the latest Affinity Photo Beta 2005, it is working flawlessly. So the problem is, like you said, with DXO and their latest version 6.0.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/28/2023 at 9:20 PM, Patrick Cray said:

I am now unable to get either Affinity 2.2.0 or Affinity Customer Beta 2.2.0.2005 to open DxO FilmPack 6. However both Affinity Photo 2 & the Beta work without problem with DxO FilmPack 7. 

Good news

The answer I received from support was that Affinity Photo is not one of the supported Applications of FilmPack 6. To get this information you have to dig very deep on their website.

The current version 7 of the FilmPack supports:

- DxO PhotoLab 4, 5, 6, 7
- Adobe® Photoshop CC ® 2021, 2022, 2023
- Adobe® Photoshop Elements ® 2021, 2022, 2023
- Adobe® Photoshop® Lightroom® Classic 2021, 2022, 2023

• 1 month later...
On 9/28/2023 at 9:43 PM, Aktive Pupille said:

Good news

That's not good news. That is a downer. What this means is that everyone who uses DxO should complain loud and clear to DxO Support and share their grievance at https://feedback.dxo.com as well. DxO should support Affinity Photo, particularly when Serif is open to collaboration.

Does anyone else have Affinity Photo 2.2.1 working with FilmPack 7? I don't want to have to downgrade.

• Staff

Morning. I've just installed a free trial of the DxO FilmPack 7 and it seems to be working for me. Can you please review the recording and let me know if I'm doing something different please?

I am running a 2.3.0.2157 beta of Photo.