You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Error in indicating the bleed value when exporting to .jpg

In the latest version of Beta 2, there is an error indicating the bleed value when exporting to .jpg After clicking the Include bleed button in the Export window in the File Settings tab, the value of the size of the exported object, including the bleed, is not shown.

Interestingly, this value is shown after clicking the bleed button in the Advanced tab. So this error occurs only when jpg is selected for export. In addition, you need to unify the location of the Include bleed button in all export tabs, i.e. .pdf, .jpg, .tiff, .png, etc., because now it appears in different places in the Advanced tab, and only in the JPEG, TIFF, PDF options there is this Include bleed button in the File Settings tab.

Error example in the video.

Zrzut ekranu 2023-08-07 003905.png

On macOS, the actual bleed size has never been shown, for JPEG, PNG and TIFF files we just see the words: 'With bleed' but no size is calculated... No size with bleed is shown for PDF files...

The consistency of options in the export window is something that's been discussed before and yes, the settings/options could certainly benefit from some uniformity...

image.png.a778a0855705cd3fe0c3ce306c03709a.png

Affinity Designer 2.4.2 | Affinity Photo 2.4.2 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.2
Affinity Designer  Beta 2.5.0 (2415) | Affinity Photo Beta 2.5.0 (2415) | Affinity Publisher Beta 2.5.0 (2415)

Affinity Designer 1.7.3 | Affinity Photo 1.7.3 | Affinity Publisher 1.10.8
MacBook Pro 16GB, macOS Monterey 12.7.4, Magic Mouse

Yes, the word With bleed: should be displayed with the given values. Unfortunately, we have also repeatedly reported the need to display these values in units other than pixels. These values should be displayed in the units in which the document is set, e.g. in mm. or it should be possible to select units when exporting.

In 90% of my professional work, I export printouts to .jpg format for a large format printer, where I need the final size in mm or cm. And the size in pixels does not tell me much and I only trust that the program correctly exported the size of the file for printing.

błąd blee export jpg.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • Staff

The issue "[Win] In Export window when Include bleed is enabled, the With Bleed sizing text is truncated" (REF: PD-932) has been fixed by the developers in internal build "2.2.0.1986".
This fix should soon be available as a customer beta and is planned for inclusion in the next customer release.
Customer beta builds are announced here and you can participate by following these instructions.
If you still experience this problem once you are using that build version (or later) please reply to this thread including @Serif Info Bot to notify us.

• Staff

The issue "[Win] Export window does not update to show size with bleed when Include bleed is enabled until window is reopened " (REF: PD-928) has been fixed by the developers in internal build "2.2.0.1971".
This fix should soon be available as a customer beta and is planned for inclusion in the next customer release.
Customer beta builds are announced here and you can participate by following these instructions.
If you still experience this problem once you are using that build version (or later) please reply to this thread including @Serif Info Bot to notify us.