You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Missing help topic: Using a trackpad

Search the help for "trackpad".

Returns a page called "Using a trackpad", but there is no content.

Was hoping to find information about the gestures available when using a touch interface.

Win10 Home x64   |   AMD Ryzen 7 2700X @ 3.7GHz   |   48 GB RAM   |   1TB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 1660   |   Wacom Intuos Pro

8 minutes ago, Aammppaa said:

Search how? Which Help did you search (which application, release)? Where are you viewing it?

The search in Designer 2 PC/Mac at https://affinity.help gives this result: 

https://affinity.help/designer2/en-US.lproj/pages/Extras/trackpads.html

And it has content: 

Screenshot_20230731-184102.png

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

I did exactly as you did and found the same URL.

I just followed your link on my PC in Vivaldi, Microsoft Edge, and Firefox.

In all 3 browsers I see the index on the left of the screen, and then a blank white page - no sign of the content that you show in your screenshot.

image.thumb.png.5aa30e87ccc7e35c10284e230801466e.png

Win10 Home x64   |   AMD Ryzen 7 2700X @ 3.7GHz   |   48 GB RAM   |   1TB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 1660   |   Wacom Intuos Pro

59 minutes ago, Aammppaa said:

Returns a page called "Using a trackpad", but there is no content.

Which help, the web online help, the apps online help?

... all found via a search after "trackpad" in every v2 apps online help!

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

All 3 of your links give the same result... index on the left, blank page on the right.

What browser are you guy using? PC or Mac?

The information is clearly there, as you are seeing it, but I am not!

And I see the help content on all other pages that I've ever tried to look at.

1 hour ago, Aammppaa said:

All 3 of your links give the same result... index on the left, blank page on the right.

NOPE, all give this for every app ...

webcontents.jpg.62d00442b312e1bc780bb0c97d938c36.jpg

What browser are you guy using? PC or Mac?

Mac, FF & Chrome.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan

• Staff

Hi @Aammppaa,

Thanks for your report!

I can confirm that certain helpfile pages are 'OS specific' and should only appear when being searched/viewed on that supported OS.

This is the reason that for v_kyr using macOS, they are able to see the content of this page - which describes the use of Apple trackpads and macOS Touch settings with Affinity.

I believe Walt is using a mobile device, which AFAIK will always show the macOS results, as I am able to see the Trackpad page on my Android phone.

However, I believe that Affinity on Windows supports Zoom and Panning with a trackpad, though not Canvas Rotation/Force Touch as on macOS, therefore I would expect either;

• A Windows specific version of this helpfile, covering the supported features on this OS

• The macOS result not to show in the helpfile on Windows, causing confusion when trying to view the helpfile page.

Therefore I'll be raising this with our documentation team now to be adjusted to suit.

I hope this clears things up :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

Thanks Dan. 

I was hoping to find details of which gestures are available when using graphics tablet (Wacom Intuos Pro). 

I have not probed too deeply, but at the moment the pinch gesture scrolls vertically rather than zooms, and the rotation gesture is painfully slow. 

But perhaps I need to look for settings in the Wacom control panel rather than Affinity? 

3 hours ago, Dan C said:

I can confirm that certain helpfile pages are 'OS specific' and should only appear when being searched/viewed on that supported OS.

It's OSX specific ...

trackpad.jpg.aa1108349e665db0251d793a88186edb.jpg

But perhaps I need to look for settings in the Wacom control panel rather than Affinity?

The Wacom software is for sure the better place to look after that and to change any possible customizable setting there then!

• Staff
2 hours ago, Aammppaa said:

I have not probed too deeply, but at the moment the pinch gesture scrolls vertically rather than zooms, and the rotation gesture is painfully slow. 

As v_kyr mentions above the best place to change these settings will be within the Wacom drivers software, or possibly through Windows Touchpad settings if these are available to you.

If you're finding certain actions are slow, you might also want to try the different Tablet Input Method options under Settings > Tools within Affinity, to see if any of these provide smoother results :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!