You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

There are multiple bugs related to brushing in the latest version. Sometimes drawing with a mouse does not brush at the full size of the brush, only the minimum. Also, on Windows tablet pressure does not function correctly when using shift+L click to create straight lines. It is an old bug, but I think it is important to point out since it is a really big issue for creating good line work when I have to switch between pen tablet and mouse to get the full drawing experience.

With the latest Beta I can't even rely on the mouse method, so these really need some attention.

image.thumb.png.cccea7af1ed90e9f4bcffcd5fda0c537.png

Also, for some reason I can't post GIFs on the site. Just getting the error -200 message.

image.png.552f626ff2974bbd4e6e2b142dcac8ef.png

• Staff

Hi @Frozen Death Knight

On 7/13/2023 at 10:04 AM, Frozen Death Knight said:

Sometimes drawing with a mouse does not brush at the full size of the brush, only the minimum.

Do you have a recipe for this? Does it only occur with certain brushes? 

Could you also provide a screen recording of this in action, you can use the Dropbox link below if you cannot upload it to the forum. 
https://www.dropbox.com/request/ySvx9kVXQMWEr05dW7Nf

On 7/13/2023 at 10:04 AM, Frozen Death Knight said:

on Windows tablet pressure does not function correctly when using shift+L click to create straight lines. It is an old bug

I'm not sure exactly which old bug you are referring to, could you perhaps provide a link to a previous forum post?

However if it is an issue already logged and not a regression affecting the Betas only or a bug relating to a new feature in the Betas, then your post would be better suited to the normal bug reporting section of the v2 forum. 

18 minutes ago, EmT said:

Hi @Frozen Death Knight

Do you have a recipe for this? Does it only occur with certain brushes? 

Could you also provide a screen recording of this in action, you can use the Dropbox link below if you cannot upload it to the forum. 
https://www.dropbox.com/request/ySvx9kVXQMWEr05dW7Nf

I'm not sure exactly which old bug you are referring to, could you perhaps provide a link to a previous forum post?

However if it is an issue already logged and not a regression affecting the Betas only or a bug relating to a new feature in the Betas, then your post would be better suited to the normal bug reporting section of the v2 forum. 

The reason I bring it up again is because of the second issue that I recently noticed when I had to use a mouse to create straight lines. Instead of using maximum brush width it's creating lines with a minimum size, which is not how drawing with mice works. I believe they may be related to each other (switching between tablet and mouse constantly may be the culprit), so I bring up my old report to help pinpoint the newer issue.

I added a GIF to that link showing both bugs in action. "Mouse" shows the newer bug I found and "Tablet" is the older one. Also, I went back to 2.1 to double check if I could replicate the issue and it just so happens that it exists there too. Having brush settings that affect brush width and/or opacity/flow are all affected on my end.

• Staff

Does this only occur on the Beta?

Which brush are you using? What are the brushes setting in Edit Brush > Dynamics? Can you also show what you have set on the context toolbar? 

Can you recreate this with a brush from the Basic category? 

1 hour ago, EmT said:

Does this only occur on the Beta?

Which brush are you using? What are the brushes setting in Edit Brush > Dynamics? Can you also show what you have set on the context toolbar? 

Can you recreate this with a brush from the Basic category? 

It's in V2 retail as well. Noticed it some time after I made my original report. Only noticed the bug very recently, however.

Not possible with those brushes. You need brushes with some form of pen pressure settings and the Basic category lacks those.

image.png.1a79c4984f5b8ee1920d709cf5da8793.png

Here are my brushes. You can try my "Taper Thin Round" brush which I used in my original report. Brushing using shift+L click for straight lines with a tablet and switching back and forth between that and a mouse should over time activate the bug during longer sessions.

1 - FDK 2023.afbrushes

• Staff

@Frozen Death Knight

We have not been able to replicate your issue with the mouse drawing at minimum pressure even with using your brushes. 
Could you send a screen recording that shows your whole screen so we can see the tool settings you are using. Can you also send it as a video rather than a gif, as it make sit much easier to follow an issue if we can pause and rewind etc. 
You should be able to upload it to the link sent previously.