You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

1. What Application are you using? All of them
  2. Are you using the latest release version? Yes all have been updated
  3. Can you reproduce it? Yep video attached
  4. Does it happen for a new document? If not can you upload a document that shows the problem? N/A happens when opening the software
  5. If you cannot provide a sample document then please give an accurate description of the problem for example it should include most of the following:
  •    What is your operating system and version. Osx Sonoma Developer Beta 1
  •    Is hardware acceleration (in Preferences > Performance) ON or OFF ? have tried both
  •    What happened for you. No change
  •    Provide a recipe for creating the problem. open any of the suite, and then click onto anything else, safari, the desktop etc and it will crash the app. 
  •    Screenshots (very handy) or a screen capture/video. attached 
  •    Any unusual hardware. Nothing unusual, using a mbp 16inch m2 max 32gb of ram. 
  •    Did this same thing used to work and if so have you changed anything recently? It worked pre osx beta, but after installing the beta it means im unable to use the affinity beta 

V2 does not support Sonoma yet, as it is not an officially released OS.

You might try the 2.2 beta, as that is where it is likely that changes to support Sonoma would first appear.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Thanks for the reply, this is specifically about the v2.2 beta, weirdly enough, the latest versions of v2.1.1 that are available to everyone work perfectly as of their latest update, I had hoped todays beta update would have fixed the crashes but they didn't.  

3 minutes ago, PiercedPagan said:

this is specifically about the v2.2 beta,

Then you posted in the wrong part of the forum. All posts about the beta are expected to be in the Beta section of the forum.

A moderator can move this for you.

6 minutes ago, PiercedPagan said:

the latest versions of v2.1.1 that are available to everyone work perfectly as of their latest update, I had hoped todays beta update would have fixed the crashes but they didn't.

That confuses me. It sounds like you're saying that 2.1 was working fine, so what crashes would you have expected 2.2 to fix?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Just now, walt.farrell said:

Then you posted in the wrong part of the forum. All posts about the beta are expected to be in the Beta section of the forum.

A moderator can move this for you.

Amazing! sorry thought this was the right part :/ 

3 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

That confuses me. It sounds like you're saying that 2.1 was working fine, so what crashes would you have expected 2.2 to fix?

So I was running both the stable consumer release, and the beta of affinity, just wanted to test out new features etc but wanted to make sure I had the stable version for work i'm doing. Both worked perfectly fine until I installed the developer beta of osx Sonoma, again I understand the are teething issues with things, and I have another machine I can use so its not interrupting my workflow, but what can I say i'm a glutton for pain and punishment I guess :) 

I booted up 2.1 on Saturday the 1st and saw the was an update, I installed the update, and since then the 2.1.1 has been working without a hitch and have done some stress testing including opening large psd files and haven't had any issues with any of the suite crashing, its been a dream. 

Today the 3rd, I saw the instagram post saying the latest version of the beta v2.2 was out, so booted each piece of the suite up, and updated them one by one, thinking what ever they did to fix the crash bug in 2.1.1 would have been included in 2.2, but sadly it hasn't been, the software works perfectly until you click anywhere that isn't part of it, so clicking the dock, desktop or even the apple menu will crash 2.2. 

I can confirm what PiercedPagan says.

Is true that we are in a beta stage but is a shame that Apple is going to launch the Public beta for Sonoma probably this week and for the moment Affinity suite is totally useless. If I'm not remembering bad, this behaviour with Sonoma, is the worst stage with betas Affinity suite has been.

I've been using my PC since Sonoma beta 1 and the rest of APP's that I usually use has been working fine. Some random crashes but nothing to care about, they can be used without problems.

As many many people wants to try the latest Apple's software, could be good to have an early support for Sonoma that makes Affinity suite usable, I think all of us could help to improve versions faster with our reports in beta program. Now, in my personal situation, I can't report any bug or comment because I can't use the suite at all.

Thanks guys

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Thank you very much for this. I did install Sonoma yesterday and have started logging issues with it currently I do have the following logged:

• [macOS Sonoma] Unable to change Panel or Persona
  • [macOS Sonoma] App crash when clicking outside Window
  • [macOS Sonoma] App crash if focus changed whilst loading
  • [macOS Sonoma] Crash when using File > Open / Open on My Account screen
  • [macOS Sonoma] Apps take a long time to load

I believe you've reported a few of these in your other thread. One thing I wasn't getting was the crash when exporting to PDF or adding stuff to the clipboard, which I believe has actually been fixed in Sonoma Beta 3. Is that correct to what you're seeing?

Any other Sonoma issues you encounter in 2.2 please do drop them in this thread and I will take a look.

Thanks!

• Staff
On 7/12/2023 at 11:04 AM, Herojas93 said:

Hi Sean,

Yes, now export to PDF seems is working fine.

Another issue:

• [macOS Sonoma] When try to change user interface, text contrast, ui brightness, font size, etc..., app crash.

Thanks for that - I've now logged this. I've found it took adjusting some settings a few times before it began to start crashing.

4 hours ago, JJX2 said:

Same here, V2.2 crashes before opening on the newly released public 14.0 Beta (23A5286i)

Hi JJX2, I don't have the Public Beta of Sonoma (just Developer), but have found that 'interrupting' the load during the splash screen can cause this to happen. 

Do you mind attaching a short video showing the behaviour you get, along with a copy of the crash report that is generated please?

On 7/14/2023 at 7:03 PM, Sean P said:

Thanks for that - I've now logged this. I've found it took adjusting some settings a few times before it began to start crashing.

Hi JJX2, I don't have the Public Beta of Sonoma (just Developer), but have found that 'interrupting' the load during the splash screen can cause this to happen. 

Do you mind attaching a short video showing the behaviour you get, along with a copy of the crash report that is generated please?

Thank you Sean - see attached video and crash reportTranslated Report.docxhttps://1drv.ms/v/s!AqhYNvXFC-p5qChbr8SBu0Nhfcsg?e=Sz1skz

• Staff
11 hours ago, joergmaertin said:

there seems to be another bug in publisher: I run the latest beta, but now I the update function does not work anymore. I can choose update, but nothing happens, even no "there is no update available" message, nothing.

Thanks for that - I've reproduced this and passed it on to development.

• Staff
6 hours ago, JJX2 said:

Thank you Sean - see attached video and crash reportTranslated Report.docxhttps://1drv.ms/v/s!AqhYNvXFC-p5qChbr8SBu0Nhfcsg?e=Sz1skz

Thank you very much for that - this does look to be the exact same crash as the one that happens when clicking outside the Window. So I'll get this passed on and mentioned to development.

dev beta 4 of Sonoma fixed many problems I had with the Affinity Suite on that OS. Many crashes are fixed it seems with dev beta 4. For me only one crash is still there: When I click outside the window of an Affinity app, it crashes, if I switch to another app it crashes. But at least its possible to edit and save files. Also loading times are back to normal again, very fast.

In my case the unique thing I have notice with that Beta 4 of Sonoma is that the load of the APP is much faster. I believe like it was with Ventura.

The rest of issues are still present. Can't select anything in the menu and the APP crashes when I click out of the window.

• Staff

The issue "[macOS Sonoma] Unable to change Panel or Persona" (REF: AFB-7965) has been fixed by the developers in internal build "2.2.0.1925".
This fix should soon be available as a customer beta and is planned for inclusion in the next customer release.
Customer beta builds are announced here and you can participate by following these instructions.
If you still experience this problem once you are using that build version (or later) please reply to this thread including @Serif Info Bot to notify us.

• Staff

The issue "[macOS Sonoma] App crash when clicking outside Window" (REF: AFB-7966) has been fixed by the developers in internal build "2.2.0.1925".
This fix should soon be available as a customer beta and is planned for inclusion in the next customer release.
Customer beta builds are announced here and you can participate by following these instructions.
If you still experience this problem once you are using that build version (or later) please reply to this thread including @Serif Info Bot to notify us.

On 7/31/2023 at 9:46 AM, Sean P said:

Thanks for these Paul, we do have these both logged (as you say anything that brought a Finder window up) and they should be fixed in the next Beta build of the app.

Hey Sean, what is the time frame for the new beta build?

• Staff

Sorry I was off yesterday, however the updated builds have now gone live.

It is worth noting that after fixing the Panel issues it has made an additional problem visible with them - they now leave copies of the frame if you attempt to drag them around the screen after floating them. So please be aware of that :)

• 4 months later...
On 7/3/2023 at 10:27 PM, PiercedPagan said:

Today the 3rd, I saw the instagram post saying the latest version of the beta v2.2 was out, so booted each piece of the suite up, and updated them one by one, thinking what ever they did to fix the crash bug in 2.1.1 would have been included in 2.2, but sadly it hasn't been, the software works perfectly until you click anywhere that isn't part of it, so clicking the dock, desktop or even the apple menu will crash 2.2. 

On 7/26/2023 at 12:25 PM, Herojas93 said:

In my case the unique thing I have notice with that Beta 4 of Sonoma is that the load of the APP is much faster. I believe like it was with Ventura.

The rest of issues are still present. Can't select anything in the menu and the APP crashes when I click out of the window.

There are several threads on mac forums about apps crashing when pressing the menu. Did you manage to resolve?