You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

use of styles in V2

Apologies if already noted. I am finding the settings in styles do not replicate in V2. I use the Mike's Styles collection and there seem to be a lot of discrepancies in colour and other settings. If I import an object created in V1 using a style it is correct.

Also the new thumbnails do not show the correct appearance, whether this is because the icon uses the style and is not rendered correctly? 

Publisher 1.10.6.jpg

Publisher 2.1.1.jpg

Publisher 2.10.jpg

Alan Pickup

Windows 11 Home all Affinity suite of Apps PC and Gigabyte Laptop 16gb Ram and Nvidia GTX1660 Super on each.

Mike's Styles are missing certain FX attributes/settings when used in V2

Since they are a user created resource, I can't be sure if the problem is with how Mike created them or in V2

(But I suspect V2 and it may well be a bug)

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Hi Carl

Picked up from the FX the attributes where missing, but there seems to be major problems with the Styles panel. If you read the help to save a style it says "click panel preferences" on the Styles panel, which should indicate click the three horizontal lines and if you click create style from object in both the Edit menu or the styles menu nothing happens if the object style was created in V1, I was hoping it would be as simple as that for my favourites

Alan Pickup

Windows 11 Home all Affinity suite of Apps PC and Gigabyte Laptop 16gb Ram and Nvidia GTX1660 Super on each.

If I save a V1 document with the styles I want applied to some objects, I can open that document in V2 and add the styles from those objects using the styles panel and the option to "Add style from selection"

These styles then work correctly in V2 (i.e. the same as V1)

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

I opened your document

Created a style from the rectangle (which showed up in the styles panel, at the bottom of the list of styles)

I then created a new blank rectangle and applied that style to it

All works OK here

We may need a video to see what may be different when you do it

styles.png

Something perhaps similar was reported earlier, and acknowledged as a bug by Serif but (unfortunately) without a bug tag provided as far as I can see.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• Staff

Hi @AlanPickup,

I've just downloaded a copy of the original Mike's Styles .afstyles file and compared the import results between V1 and V2, it appears that many of the effects settings (Bevel, Outline, Inner Shadow, Inner Glow, Outer Shadow) which have a px value are dropped down to a fraction of what they should be, for example 'Outer Shadow' Radius and Offset has been dropped to 0.01px instead of the expected 9px. FX adjustments which don't have a pixel setting such as Gradient overlay are not affected by this which is why it's still intact.

Back in December I did log this with the developers but it doesn't appear to have been fixed yet and affects any FX adjustment with a pixel value applied, i'll update the existing issue with this example along with the additional findings.

Mike_styles.afstyles

22 hours ago, carl123 said:

I opened your document

Created a style from the rectangle (which showed up in the styles panel, at the bottom of the list of styles)

I then created a new blank rectangle and applied that style to it

All works OK here

We may need a video to see what may be different when you do it

Apologies it did create the style, I was expecting some sort of prompt to name it, with it appearing different to the V1 icon I did not pick it up that it had created the style and named it with the next number in the group

Alan Pickup

• 1 month later...

I ran into this issue today, too. I tried to use a style created in V1, and it failed to work in V2. It only kept the gradient, but discarded the rest.

I thought maybe the styles were no longer compatible, so I recreated the style entirely in V2. That seems to have done the trick.