You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Add Columns and Rows before or after

• 3 weeks later...

Same here. Tables need work on some basic functions like this.

slice2.png.cb7417e51279952dd5c1adc42860264d.pngpRiNt! mOnKeY! 🖨️🙊
💻Lenovo Legion 5 Pro*, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700H, 2300 Mhz, 14 Core, 32GB DDR5-4800, nVidia RTX 3070 Ti 8GB, Windoze 11 💻
*Sometimes gets used for something other than games.

• 3 months later...

Yes, this needs to be added. It is a very important feature. Especially when working with big companies with lots of products, which constantly are changing based in customer feedback as this one. Today I needed to revise a table for a product comparison list, but I needed to add a row over the top row, which is not possible with the current features in the table tools.

If the row needed to be added in before a row in the middle is no issue, you just add the row selecting the row above it. But not with the top row. Hope this makes sense.

From the help file...

• Hover over a row or column header and click on the arrow icon to display the following options:
    • Insert Row / Insert Column—inserts a new row above the selected row, or a new column to the left of the selected column.

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

In case what carl123 said above isn’t clear:

• Right-clicking any row header and choosing “Insert Row” from the menu will insert a new row after the selected row;
  • Clicking the triangle icon in any row header and choosing “Insert Row” from the menu will insert a new row before the row related to the row header you clicked the icon in.

See attached video.

The same thing goes for columns.

I have no idea why it was done this way but it seems very odd to me and, in my opinion, isn’t explained anywhere near clearly enough in the Help and is not clear enough in the UI either.