You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×
Our response time is longer than usual currently. We're working to answer users as quickly as possible and thank you for your continued patience.

Where is v 2.1 installed?

Hi, and sorry that this is not a features question! Where, physically, is Designer 2.1 installed on my drives? I'm desperately short of space on my drive C, and while installing this version, I noted that it didn't give me an option as to where I wanted Designer installed. I assume it's drive C, my primary drive, but I cannot locate it!

Have I taken too many stupid pills, or is there a way to define the destination upon install and redirect it?

Manyh thanks in advance!

2023-05-25_07h31_09.png

new-AD-slug.png.458b94d5dc178383711ce27afd725aae.png

If you have been using the standard MSIX installers, then Windows has installed it in a very hidden folder without giving you any options. You might be able to tell Windows to Move it to a different drive, and that might work (or it might not).

You can also consider uninstalling it, and then downloading the EXE (MSI) installer from the Affinity Store website, which will give you a choice of where to install.

Note, too, that there is a significant amount of user data stored on C still, unless you also move that. And how you move that depends on whether you're using the MSIX or EXE version, once you have 2.1 (it was different in 2.0).

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.5, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.5

3 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

If you have been using the standard MSIX installers, then Windows has installed it in a very hidden folder without giving you any options. You might be able to tell Windows to Move it to a different drive, and that might work (or it might not).

You can also consider uninstalling it, and then downloading the EXE (MSI) installer from the Affinity Store website, which will give you a choice of where to install.

Note, too, that there is a significant amount of user data stored on C still, unless you also move that. And how you move that depends on whether you're using the MSIX or EXE version, once you have 2.1 (it was different in 2.0).

Hi, and thank you for how fast you replied. And I'm a little less sheepish seeing that I'm not the only one to ask about enabling a choice of install locations, based on using the msi installer.

But I don't see one available on the downloads page in my account. Am I looking in the wrong place?

TIA,

Gary

2023-05-25_11h21_08.png

new-AD-slug.png.458b94d5dc178383711ce27afd725aae.png

See at the bottom of the page where it says "-> Looking for Windows MSI installers? ":

1159354262_Screenshot_2023-05-25AffinityV2UniversalLicenceDownloadyourAffinityapps.thumb.png.00cd4517fa01d8ca254ef184c8871f1d.png

See alternatively ...

... and there on each page always "Also available as EXE ..." ...

apub_install.jpg.f8da76ef1ef38f970780e87bf01719db.jpg

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2