You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Double-click to open Adjustment dialog

How about letting us double-click on an item in the Adjustment list to directly open the dialog for adjusting? (Versus having to click to open the preset panel, then having to move to and click on the "(default)" button.)

While waiting for an application change: you could use the pop-up list from the bottom of the Layers panel if you're wanting the default settings anyway.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

The I’ve never understood why having to click to select the adjustment, then having to select the default or a preset, was ever considered better than one click to open the dialogue box, with the default settings, then only needing a second click if you wanted to change it to a preset. Surely it would be easier to open the dialogue with one click, and only click again to set a preset if you wanted to use one!

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

7 minutes ago, PaulEC said:

The I’ve never understood why having to click to select the adjustment, then having to select the default or a preset, was ever considered better than one click to open the dialogue box, with the default settings, then only needing a second click if you wanted to change it to a preset. Surely it would be easier to open the dialogue with one click, and only click again to set a preset if you wanted to use one!

I think the intent might be that you scroll through the adjustment categories and look at the preset thumbnails to help figure out what kind of adjustment you want, and then just click on the one you choose. 

If you didn't need to see them, and just want a default adjustment of a known type, you can use the list from the Layers panel instead.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

I suppose it depends on how you work. I know which adjustment I want, and rarely use presets. For me, as you say, it would be better to get rid of the Adjustments Panel, and just use the adjustments from the Layers Panel instead! It just seems easier to have the Adjustments Panel open, when making several different adjustments, rather than having to keep opening the list from the Layers Panel.

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad