You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

File Browser for Affinity

Hi

Affinity people, could you please consider creating a nice file browser for Affinity, similar to Bridge.
Looks like you're pretty close to having one in the startup window, where you have Recent, Templates etc.

I'd love to delete my Bridge app soon:)
Some of the nice features here are recorded batches for multiple files, view and add metadata, variations of views and thumbnail sizes etc.

Well there have been already a buch of such File Browser request threads (DAM related ones too) in the forum, people should better (re)use those existing threads instead of creating hundred new ones about one and the same theme here!

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

Vkyr, you're right...in theory. Unfortunately can't read all related previous posts in this forum everytime posting simple feedbacks. But you can  simply choose to ignore duplicates, or if you're from dev, look into solving this duplicate forum issue if it's a general problem. I see the issue, and think it would benefit users and Affintiy by making a cleaner forum design. Admit it can seem a bit messy in here sometimes. But your comment now does not solve anything, and not sure what you want to achieve. You're admin askin to delete this post, or user complaining about "100s of related posts"?
If you are right about 100s related posts, and still no file browser, then perhaps those posts did not do the job, or maybe Affinity just needed the 101st reminder to make it happen☺️ 

2 hours ago, Darner said:

But you can  simply choose to ignore duplicates, or if you're from dev, look into solving this duplicate forum issue if it's a general problem.

It's a forum thread count problem then, that there are hundreds of same titled threads, if people allways ignore the forum advices ...

--> Try not to multi-post the same issue. It really helps us and our community out if you search the forum first to see if your topic has already been covered.

Further none of these will got any dev response either way, since the dev team sadly doesn't pre-communicate public on if some feature will be ever implemented!

But your comment now does not solve anything, and not sure what you want to achieve.

It's meant for solving such things as to tell people to not multi-post xx already such made requests! Instead you could have your comment & request to an already existing one of these threads. Which BTW, if hundreds of people would comment on, would give the Serif people an even better overview of how many people are demanding that specific feature!

You're admin askin to delete this post, or user complaining about "100s of related posts"?

NO the forum doesn't delete duplicates! So I complain about the "100s of a related post and ask a responsible user to not create unnecessary new threads about already existing themes! Use instead one existing one, which will then jump viewable to top and get's another users +1 count/vote!

3 hours ago, Darner said:

If you are right about 100s related posts, and still no file browser, then perhaps those posts did not do the job, or maybe Affinity just needed the 101st reminder to make it happen

I doubt the devs will traverse all forum threads in order to count how many people did demanded this and how many such threads do exist. - But if there is one thread where hundreds of people participated in and commented/voted in/for, then it might show some more sort of urgent needed relevance here.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan

35 minutes ago, v_kyr said:

It's a forum thread count problem then, that there are hundreds of same titled threads, if people allways ignore the forum advices ...

Further none of these will got any dev response either way, since the dev team sadly doesn't pre-communicate public on if some feature will be ever implemented!

It's meant for solving such things as to tell people to not multi-post xx already such made requests! Instead you could have your comment & request to an already existing one of these threads. Which BTW, if hundreds of people would comment on, would give the Serif people an even better overview of how many people are demanding that specific feature!

NO the forum doesn't delete duplicates! So I complain about the "100s of a related post and ask a responsible user to not create unnecessary new threads about already existing themes! Use instead one existing one, which will then jump viewable to top and get's another users +1 count/vote!

I doubt the devs will traverse all forum threads in order to count how many people did demanded this and how many such threads do exist. - But if there is one thread where hundreds of people participated in and commented/voted in/for, then it might show some more sort of urgent needed relevance here.

Still not sure what you're trying to achieve here v_kyr, other than repeating your issue that forums have duplicate posts. Which I agree, the forum team could have a look at this. But let's hope the browser suggestion will pass on to the dev team. Maybe instead of sending lots of messages here because you're frustrated about duplicate posts, feel free to send inquiry to dev team instead about your frustration, as I can not help you much with this. This is already posted.

Still not sure what you're trying to achieve here v_kyr

Forget it, I've not the time to endless discuss obvious and already often general forum related said things here, if someone is as default ignorant to all that! - So maybe you should create some other 50 such threads here in order to be then sure that ...

... and still no file browser, then perhaps those posts did not do the job, or maybe Affinity just needed the 151st reminder to make it happen☺️ 

• Staff

Thanks for your feedback here @Darner :)

I believe that v_kyr was trying to inform you of the guidelines we have for the Feedback forum, specifically:

image.png

However I do understand that this is also partly a fault of the Forums themselves, as the search tool can be slightly unreliable and we could look to add a 'commonly requested' list of features to reduce the number of duplicate posts in this section.

I'll be sure to pass all feedback here through to our team to be considered further - I hope this helps.

23 minutes ago, Dan C said:

as the search tool can be slightly unreliable

Therefore, it is advisable to use external specialized search tools (such as Google or others) whose success rate in finding relevant results here on the forum is significantly higher.
That's why v_kyr provided examples of searches using an external tool.
For better readability of the command, which may also be useful to users in other situations, I repeat it here.

https://www.google.com/search?q=File+Browser+for+Affinity+site:forum.affinity.serif.com
https://www.google.com/search?q=DAM+site:forum.affinity.serif.com

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.