You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

STROKE - Scale with object

PLEASE PLEASE make the default setting for the STROKE - "Scale with object" to YES!

It is super annoying to open a file, pick an object, resize it and later when zooming in discovering that the strokes in the object are all wonky, incredibly large or tiny.

I truly believe the most people have the same frustration.

If someone wants to have them NOT "scale with object" then they can unclick it and turn it OFF

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

• 3 months later...
19 minutes ago, GenewalDesign said:

If that issue was discussed before, and still relevant today, we have to bring feedback about it once again.

Is it still relevant and/or wanted?

The OP seems to have a workflow where “Scale with object” set to ON would be their preferred situation – so they don’t have to keep setting it to ON.

But they also seem to dismissing outright that the people who might want the opposite would have to go through the same ‘pain’ that the OP has to currently go through, without considering whether the OP is in the majority or the minority (they just assume that they are in the majority).

No mention of an option that the user can change as they need it, just a request for change that ignores other people’s workflows.

It’s basically, as I read it: “I want it changed and I don’t care about the people who don’t want it changed.”

5 minutes ago, GarryP said:

Is it still relevant and/or wanted?

The OP seems to have a workflow where “Scale with object” set to ON would be their preferred situation – so they don’t have to keep setting it to ON.

But they also seem to dismissing outright that the people who might want the opposite would have to go through the same ‘pain’ that the OP has to currently go through, without considering whether the OP is in the majority or the minority (they just assume that they are in the majority).

No mention of an option that the user can change as they need it, just a request for change that ignores other people’s workflows.

It’s basically, as I read it: “I want it changed and I don’t care about the people who don’t want it changed.”

I'd say wanted. The best solution would be to add a parameter in the options, which every time a new artwork is created, the setting is ON. It's a 50/50, if you don't want it always on, don't activate that parameter.

I like the idea of having a setting in Preferences (or elsewhere) that gives the user the choice to have “Scale with object” set to ON or OFF by default as they choose; that seems like a good and useful thing to have.

What I don’t particularly like is people saying that they want the software to change to how they want it work and to heck with everyone else, which is how I interpreted the OP’s words.

This is why I was questioning the relevancy of this request, as it was written.