You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Another page moving problem with master spreads

I initially added my report to this thread, because it appeared that my problem was the same. Perhaps it is related, but since that time, I have tested the original poster’s test files in the recent betas and found them to no longer manifest the original issue, whereas my test file still has the same issue even as of Publisher beta 2.1.0.1736. Therefore, I am following Walt’s advice and reposting here as a new thread.

-----------

Problem: moving a page from right to left of the spread results in the main text thread disappearing (evidently deleted).

I first noticed it when I needed to reposition a page and later I happened to notice that some entries were missing from my table of contents. I backtracked and then eventually discovered the TOC items disappeared because the source text itself was wrongfully deleted in the process of reordering the pages.

In case it may be helpful, I am uploading a cut-down version of the document I was working on earlier as well as a video demonstrating the issue. The video was recorded of Publisher 2.0.4 (release) on a 2019 5K iMac running macOS 13.1.

Page Moving Problem.afpub

I think that part of the problem is that the facing pages 2 and 3 has the Master A applied to only the Left page (page 2) of the spread.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

• 7 months later...

I would like to report that this bug appears to be resolved as of Publisher beta 2.3.0 (2139). This may have been fixed earlier, but I came back to test again when I saw the following in the list of resolved issues in the latest beta:

• Adding a spread prior to Page 1 in a document is causing all text to disappear [AF-458]   

Although the situation is a different than what I described in this thread, it seemed to be regarding a similar part of the code. I can’t know for sure, but what I can confirm is that when I download my original sample file and try the action of the video, the bug does manifest as in the video when I try in release Publisher 2.1.1 (to confirm I am following the same recipe as reported) and does not manifest in the latest beta with the exact steps. That seems to suggest that page flow changes, whether adding or moving pages, may now be more reliable, and that is quite welcome.