You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How do i apply the same margins to every artboard in designer without doing each page individually?

@jessicahopemedlock, as far as I can tell, if you have margins set on the first artboard you create, the margin is duplicated if you duplicate the artboard but if no margins are set for the first artboard you are not able to select all artboards and set the margins universally (though that would of course be extremely useful).

Do your 144 artboards already contain artwork or are they currently blank?

Affinity Designer 2.4.2 | Affinity Photo 2.4.2 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.2
Affinity Designer  Beta 2.5.0 (2415) | Affinity Photo Beta 2.5.0 (2415) | Affinity Publisher Beta 2.5.0 (2415)

Affinity Designer 1.7.3 | Affinity Photo 1.7.3 | Affinity Publisher 1.10.8
MacBook Pro 16GB, macOS Monterey 12.7.4, Magic Mouse

15 minutes ago, jessicahopemedlock said:

How do i apply what is on one artboard to all the other artboards?

Do you have access to Affinity Publisher?

If so, you can open your Designer document in Publisher and change your margins there.

The margin changes would apply to all your arbours.

EDIT: Actually, you can to the same thing in Designer. File -> Document Setup -> Margins

2017 27” iMac 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 • Radeon Pr 580 8GB • 64GB • Ventura 13.6.4.

iPad Pro (10.5-inch) • 256GB • Version 16.4

12 minutes ago, Seneca said:

EDIT: Actually, you can to the same thing in Designer. File -> Document Setup -> Margins

This doesn't appear to work (certainly not on Mac)... adding margins only adds them to the selected Artboard so selecting all Artboards doesn't set margins on each, only the first in the selection.

This is also the case if you edit the artboards in Publisher, you don't appear to be able to set them universally for all artboards in one go, only one by one which I think is @jessicahopemedlock's issue if I've understood correctly.

Affinity Designer  Beta 2.5.0 (2415) | Affinity Photo Beta 2.5.0 (2415) | Affinity Publisher Beta 2.5.0 (2415)

3 minutes ago, Hangman said:

his doesn't appear to work (certainly on Mac)...

Strange. It works for me in Designer Beta 2.1.

What's important (maybe) is to deselect all artboards before changing the margins.

2017 27” iMac 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 • Radeon Pr 580 8GB • 64GB • Ventura 13.6.4.

18 minutes ago, Seneca said:

What's important (maybe) is to deselect all artboards before changing the margins.

But in your screen recording Artboard 1 already has a margin set, all I think you've done is to set the margin on Artboard 2 (correct me if I'm wrong though).

Create a new artboard in a new document with no margins set, duplicate the artboard three or four times, then go to Document Setup, either with or without artboards selected and add margins... are the margins now applied to all the artboards?

33 minutes ago, Hangman said:

Create a new artboard in a new document with no margins set, duplicate the artboard three or four times, then go to Document Setup, either with or without artboards selected and add margins... are the margins now applied to all the artboards?

You are right. I didn't test my solution well enough.

I think this is a bug. We should be able to change the margins of all selected artboards in one fell swoop.

2 minutes ago, Seneca said:

I think this is a bug. We should be able to change the margins of all selected artboards in one fell swoop.

Completely agree, I was actually surpised this doesn't work, its not something I've ever tried before...

• 2 months later...