You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

PLS INSERT AGAIN A0 A1 A2 Format page

eoaaeo

A number of people (including myself) have requested this previously, and considering the number of presets that are included, I'm sure that another three would not make much difference. I suppose it's a matter of personal requirements, but in many businesses A0, A1 and A2 are used much more frequently than many of the others that are included.

It has been said that these larger sizes are not included because they are not available on desktop printers, however, very few professionals limit themselves to only producing work that is going to be printed on desktop printers!

Obviously these sizes can be added yourself, but it seems to me to make more sense to have them in the same list as the other "A" sizes.

EDIT: I've just discovered that it's possible to add these yourself, to the same category as the other A sizes. So although it would be nice to have them added by default, it's not a major problem. (I've now added A0, A1, A2, A7 and A8 sizes to the Print Presets, and another useful thing, - you only have to add them in one app, and they are added to all three!) 

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

• Staff

Hi @eoaaeo,

Thanks for your report - I can confirm this is currently expected behaviour in Affinity V2 and therefore not technically a bug, however this is logged with our development team as a requested improvement so I will be sure to 'bump' this with your request now.

I hope this helps :) 

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

On 2/19/2023 at 5:57 PM, PaulEC said:

EDIT: I've just discovered that it's possible to add these yourself, to the same category as the other A sizes. So although it would be nice to have them added by default, it's not a major problem. (I've now added A0, A1, A2, A7 and A8 sizes to the Print Presets, and another useful thing, - you only have to add them in one app, and they are added to all three!) 

Indeed, adding A2 size to the Print category in Publisher is also displayed automatically in Designer and APhoto.
It is a pity that adding a new category, e.g. in Publisher My Presets - does not automatically add it in Designer and APhoto.
It would be nice if that happened.
Besides, as someone wrote earlier, it would be great if these My Presets settings were copied to my account, then on other computers or in the future when installing the program on another computer, I would have my previously set page parameters.

image.png.104b0e04bc004d90bfb1c03aa5cb80e0.png

10 minutes ago, GRAFKOM said:

It is a pity that adding a new category, e.g. in Publisher My Presets - does not automatically add it in Designer and APhoto.
It would be nice if that happened.

That's odd! I haven't tried it myself, but if individual presets apply to all the apps, you would think a new category would as well.

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

I checked again.
However, adding the new My Presets category in Publisher also adds in Designer and APhoto. That's good.
Previously, I had an update from Affinity Version 2.0 and in Designer My Present it did not show up.
This is only possible in version 2.1.
So in Publisher I added My Presets again and now the other programs show this resource as well.
But still, if it was still on my account...