You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

3D Text and Tools Mesh Wrap and Perspective usable on Artistic Text

Please may I suggest:

I am really missing

• 3D Artistic Text, so in Photo and Designer.
  • Using the Mesh Wrap and Perspective Tool should not convert Artistic Text into Pixel format.

This features would be really useful to have them added.

Many thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Roland

Roland Rick

Roland Rick Photography
Pipobike Mountainbike Guide and Driving Instructor

iMac 27 5K Retina (Late 2013), MBP 15" Retina (Something 2013), MBP13" Retina (Early 2015)

Hi MEB

Thanks for fast feedback.

My reason to ask for this Feature Request:

I am using quite often the "Displace Filter" from "Layer / New Live Filter" menu in combination with "Load Map from Layers beneath". As soon Artistic Text is changed to Pixel after you applied Mesh or Perspective, the Filter does no longer work.

As soon you change something with Mesh or Perspective, the "Map loaded from beneath" does no longer fit. That's the problem.

If you compose some text on a flat wall like in the tutorials, this is no problem, the text may remain flat.

But if you want to lay a text perspectively and/or with a mesh on a non flat underground like e.g. a meadow not being parallel to the computer screen, it's a problem, Artistic Text is changed to Pixel layer.

Designer has no Displace Filter. And believe me, the Live Filters are used VERY often by me ;)

CU, Roland

Roland Rick

Roland Rick Photography
Pipobike Mountainbike Guide and Driving Instructor

iMac 27 5K Retina (Late 2013), MBP 15" Retina (Something 2013), MBP13" Retina (Early 2015)