You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Cannot activate my software

bmv2011

Hi there,

I've been using the Affinity Suite version 2 for the past few months without any problems. This evening, Affinity Publisher is asking me for my Licence Activation. When I put in my user and password, it says 'Please try again in a moment'. I am unable to use any of the three programs. I have rebooted my system but there's still no change.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Barry

4 hours ago, bmv2011 said:

I've been using the Affinity Suite version 2 for the past few months without any problems.

Using the Trial version? It appears the trial time expired, and now needs that info.

Affinity Photo 2.4..; Affinity Designer 2.4..; Affinity Publisher 2.4..; Affinity2 Beta versions. Affinity Photo,Designer 1.10.6.1605 Win10 Home Version:21H2, Build: 19044.1766: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s);32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 3070, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD

Hi Ron,

Thanks for the response. I've re-downloaded all three apps (not trial versions) and when I try to launch, I get an error message saying 'Sorry there was a problem launching the application. Some stored data couldn't be loaded. Please ensure the app is up to date.'

Are you installing the V2 applications using the intended method (running the MSIX) or did you use an unsupported alternative method?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Hi Walt,

Thanks for the reply.

I'm downloading the MSIX file, then running it. The login screen appears. When I try to log in using my Affinity account, I get the 'Try again later' message. The login details are correct as I've copied the password from my online Affinity account, which works fine.

Thanks for the added details. Sorry; no good ideas for a solution :( 

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

You can, but I'm not sure you'd get any faster response. And I think they prefer reports via the forums.

However, one email that should work: affinity@serif.com

-- Walt
PC:

• 1 month later...

My entire suite of Affinity 2 has spacked out and is now asking me to re-activate. 

All fully paid. Been running them for months on Mac Mini. Then some trouble saving files then publisher quit and then locked out of the software. 

Shall try the user setting reset. 

Success but only after resetting the entire list. 

Affinity Publisher Start up Warning.png

Screenshot 2023-03-02 at 1.57.08 pm.png

I had to reload my windows 10 because of performance issues. I purchased the universal Affinity 2 license in December 2022. Everything worked great until i reloaded Windows 10 today. I am now having the same problem activating my license. I tried pressing CTRL. key while launching the program and clearing all user data but no success. To be clear. I entered my Email ID and password and I get the same message "Please Try Again in a Moment". I have uninstalled and re-installed the apps twice by going to my Affinity Account and downloading .🙂

Kevin

25 minutes ago, KevinGRedd said:

Bummer, Unfortunately I do not. I hope it can be resolved soon.😞

The common causes of the problem seem to be: 

1. A firewall preventing the connection. Solution: turn it off. 

Or 

2. The computer's date, time, or time zone being set incorrectly. Solution: correct it. 

#2 seems more common than I would have expected from the reports I've seen. 

If you can get to the Account dialog in the application, you can click on the 3-bar icon and choose Check Connection. Or, in the activation dialog you can right-click somewhere in the white space and you should also have a Check Connection option. 

Then you can browse the .md file or upload it here for analysis.

-- Walt
PC:

Thankyou for your reply. I have solved this issue but unfortunately I cannot tell you how. I had to remove my Windows for a second time and start with a complete factory reset. I realize that this would not be feasible for most people, but it was the only way I could think of.

Again, Thankyou all for your help.

Kevin