You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Removing ‘Leading Override’ in character style not possible

tatanka

By choosing [No Change] you are literally making no change. Try using an actual value or "Auto".

Also you won't see any effect of the Leading Override on the first line. Apply the Character Style to a word like variant in the next line down.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

• 1 month later...

I can confirm this behavior. I have run into this issue before, and I don’t know to solve it other than to recreate the problem style.

On 1/9/2023 at 12:00 PM, Old Bruce said:

By choosing [No Change] you are literally making no change. Try using an actual value or "Auto".

I don’t believe this is accurate: [No Change] is a distinct setting from auto. [No Change] says do whatever the parent style says to do, while setting Auto would override the parent style to revert to automatic behavior. So if the parent style has a leading override of 12pt, and in the child style you have set some different leading override, it is impossible redefine the child style to follow the parent style. You can only explicitly define the child style to the same value as the parent style, but of course, if you later change your mind on the parent, you would also have to change the same value in the child. Apparently for this one setting, if you ever make a child style go its own direction, you can never revert to inherit the value from the parent.

And this is not consistent with other options. For example, kerning and tracking in the same pane both have auto as a setting, but in those cases, you can revert to [No Change] and expect it to be saved.