You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Healing brush not obeying hardness

NeoOcm

I am working in a Windows 11 Pro 21H2 with 32.0 GB with an Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz   2.21 GHz

I can reproduce the problem with and without hardware acceleration

I have installed Affinity Photo version 1.10.6.1665

The issue is that the healing brush does not feather out when changing the hardness it only changes the size of the white circle

healing-brush-issue.png

The Healing Brush Tool is, of course, a Brush. So, how it behaves will depend on what Brush you have selected in the Brushes panel.

The Hardness works with the basic round brushes in V1. It can be adjusted for other brushes, but has no effect. I suspect that's what you're seeing. So, make sure you've selected one of the basic round brushes in the Brushes panel, not one of the fancier brushes.

(In V2, the application no longer allows adjustment of Hardness for the brushes that don't support it.)

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

The problem seems to be caused by the "Current Layer" mode.  Select another "Current Layer and Below" mode.

Current_Layer_and_Below.png