You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

No support for external monitor on iPad Pro 2022

iPad Pro M2, 2022 model with iPad OS 16.1 release version

I can use every single non-Affinity app I own and use on my iPad Pro on an/any external monitor connected via the Apple USB-C adapter. But Affinity displays some kind of static preview on the external screen - no support for external monitors in Affinity v2 on iPad Pro, I guess. I see others have reported this issue for a long time.

So Serif, what is the status on this? I carry this iPad Pro 2022 M2 with me everywhere and attach it to monitors wherever I go and can work on these easily and elegantly, but Affinity v2 simply doesn't work with this setup, which was probably the biggest disappointment of v2 for me.

After all, that's one of the things that makes an iPad Pro an outstanding investment, and now Affinity is completely out of that type of workflow?!

I hope you fix it the first release, because it really is a major, major blunder to have overlooked or opted out. After all, your big selling point is creative apps for tablets. How did you miss this?

1) You have completely wrecked the layers panel, Serif.

2) I recommend Reddit groups instead of this forum. Not the same few bot-like users replying to everything, a wider representation of users, fewer fanboys, more qualified users. In short, better!

3) I was here to report bugs and submit improvement requests for professional work professionally in a large setup and to bring a lot of knowledge from the world, i.e. professional product development, web- and software development, usability, user experience design and accessibility. I actually know what I am talking about!

BUT! We are phasing out Designer and Affinity in 2022 Q1 - and replacing it with feature complete and algorithmically competent alternatives.
Publisher is unsuitable for serious use, and was never adopted.

Well ... I was sure it worked on an external monitor from iPad. All my other apps do, but not Affinity apps. It's not a deal breaker for me  but I must say I'm a little disappointed. 

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

Stage Manager is not supported by the Affinity apps on iPad at this point. Perhaps later.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

"Not at the moment, sorry."

An excellent example of how not to communicate as a company.

1) You have completely wrecked the layers panel, Serif.

2) I recommend Reddit groups instead of this forum. Not the same few bot-like users replying to everything, a wider representation of users, fewer fanboys, more qualified users. In short, better!

3) I was here to report bugs and submit improvement requests for professional work professionally in a large setup and to bring a lot of knowledge from the world, i.e. professional product development, web- and software development, usability, user experience design and accessibility. I actually know what I am talking about!

BUT! We are phasing out Designer and Affinity in 2022 Q1 - and replacing it with feature complete and algorithmically competent alternatives.
Publisher is unsuitable for serious use, and was never adopted.

Today I checked out my new big shiny monitor which I bought to use it for the Affinity suite — only to find Stage Manager is not (yet?) supported. It surprised me to learn this is a feature that has to be explicitly supported by the app.

Well, I hope it is going to work soon. Cause what would be a better use case for a big display than Designer/Photo/Publisher?