You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Can’t Install any Assets on all 3 iPad apps

wrc04

I had most of my assets installed on my iPad Designer V2, and Photo and Publisher. I accidentally installed one asset category twice so I attempted to delete the copy. I chose to delete on all apps. The app seemed to freeze or was taking a while so I closed Designer. When I reopened all my assets were gone. I have since tried to re-install my assets but they won’t install. When I go to my account panel to download the assets I purchased from the Affinity Store, they will download but when it tries to install I get a Red Circle with an ‘X’ in the middle every time. I tried deactivating and reactivating my device; I deleted and reinstalled all three apps, I rebooted my iPad…. Nothing works. I get the same red circle every time. Thank God my desktop still has all my assets installed but as of currently I can’t access any of my assets for any of the iPad apps. I have a third gen iPad Pro 12.9 and I have the latest OS update 16.1.1 installed as well. Not sure how else to approach this problem since reinstalling the apps doesn’t work or reactivating my account doesn’t work either. Thanks in advance for any suggestions or ideas.

You may need to do a Reset operation. I would try it this way:

1. Shutdown and restart your iPad.
  2. Start one Affinity V2 application. I suggest Publisher 2. Leave the others stopped.
  3. As the application starts, it will display a Splash Screen. With 1 finger, double-tap on the Splash Screen. This will give you a Clear User Data dialog.
  4. In that dialog, turn off the first option (Reset User Defaults), turn on the second option (Reset Assets), and turn on the 2nd from the end option (Reset Account Data (inc. Synced Content)).
  5. Press the Clear button.
  6. Open Account, select everything you want to install, and wait until it has finished downloading and installing.
  7. Then you can manually install your other Assets.

Two more hints:

• If you want to have your manually installed content in all 3 apps, there's a Preference, in General, to Link New Content Categories. Turn it on. Then you'll only have to install it once.
  • If you tap the Publisher icon at the top left of the app's Home Screen, you'll find an Import Content action. This should allow you to select and import multiple .afassets files at one time (or any other kind of content, such as .afbrushes).

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

You're welcome :)

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

Thank you Walt so much.

I just found your advice by pure accident. I am a long time Serif fan and naturally soon as I’ve seen the v2 versions I immediately bought the ultimate license. I’t was going good for a while, I migrated all styles, assets, brushes and swatches I had into the new v2 version but I accidentally had one duplication. When I deleted it, at deletion I pressed the ‘delete from all aplications’ instead of ‘this application’. That wiped out all assets. I could not reinstall them, neither could I load the Serif shop purchase add-ons. I’ve tried every way I could, even removing and reinstalling all three. None of that worked. On the top of it I lost everything else, which I had to put back manually one at the time. Your trick worked as a charm, plus you gave me another thing that I didn’t know before. Now I can install more than one content at once. That’ll help me greatly in future mishaps. So, thank you, thank you, thank you Walt. You’re a Champion.

Hey Walt, Is there a way to access the "Clear User Data" Dialog on desk top during the splash screen or via another avenue? I just had the same thing happen to me on the desktop version. Tried to add a new asset to one of my categories. Froze for over 10 mins. had no choice but to force quit. Wiped all the assets and now I'm getting that red circle with 'X' exactly like the iPad version had earlier. Thanks in advance.

7 hours ago, wrc04 said:

Is there a way to access the "Clear User Data" Dialog on desk top during the splash screen or via another avenue?

Before starting the application, press and hold the Ctrl key. Release it when you get the dialog. Note: on Windows, you may need to watch the Taskbar and click on the app icon there when it shows up (while still holding the Ctrl key).

-- Walt
PC: