You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Activation Fails for V2

OVL

• Staff

Hi OVL,

Please open the V2 Affinity app where the Universal License purchase was made, then navigate to the 'My Account' section.
Here you will see an option to 'Register' the purchase to an Affinity ID - where you can use an existing Affinity account if you already have one, or create a new ID.
Once you've registered the purchase with your Affinity ID, simply sign into the other Affinity apps using this ID and the license will be activated.

Lee

Hi !

I didn't buy through any app but directly on the website. I then downloaded the 3 .dmg and installed them. The licence appears on the purchase history of my account. It seems to be a login problem in the apps, not a licence problem because the licence is valid and linked to the account.

Regards,

I purchased the Universal Licence through Design 2 (Mac apple store). It is running, when I go to the 'My Account' section I do not see an option to 'register' the purchase to an Affinity ID as it shows that it is already registered to me. There is a tab for 'purchase receipt' export. Using this shows that I have purchased the Universal licence. This has been paid for (apple email), and confirmed by the apple store. Despite this, I cannot activate any other apps. The attempt log in with the Affinity account shows activation unsuccessful and I am directed to go to my account at the Affinity website which declares that I have no Universal licence.

I have purchased the universal universal license directly at Serif and am now trying to activate the programs. Unfortunately, I get the message that the affinity ID or the password are not recognized, although I have copied both (mail + license reference). The license was send with the purchase and therefore obviously different from the license of the v1, which is also on my computer. Writing directly into the programs v2 does not work either. By the way, also no success independent of the MacOs version and the computer; I tried it on several devices. So now I can't use any of the 3 programs. Very disappointing!

26 minutes ago, anaj said:

I get the message that the affinity ID or the password are not recognized, although I have copied both (mail + license reference

I also purchased direct at Serif, where it asks for the Affinity ID you need to put your email & password for your Affinity Store account (not the forum password) you do not need to add the licence reference

8 minutes ago, Murfee said:

I also purchased direct at Serif, where it asks for the Affinity ID you need to put your email & password for your Affinity Store account (not the forum password) you do not need to add the licence reference

I'm just wondering if the problem was actually the length of the password, or that it used some (maybe accented) characters. (I seem to recall that this has caused some problems in the past.)

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

On 11/13/2022 at 1:33 AM, catezan said:

I purchased the Universal Licence through Design 2 (Mac apple store). It is running, when I go to the 'My Account' section I do not see an option to 'register' the purchase to an Affinity ID as it shows that it is already registered to me. There is a tab for 'purchase receipt' export. Using this shows that I have purchased the Universal licence. This has been paid for (apple email), and confirmed by the apple store. Despite this, I cannot activate any other apps. The attempt log in with the Affinity account shows activation unsuccessful and I am directed to go to my account at the Affinity website which declares that I have no Universal licence.

I'm in the same boat but for Photo 2 only. I have purchased and paid this via Apple App Store - but the software is only running in Demo mode. The menu for "my account" is greyed out. If i switch to my Affinity account the section for V2 licenses are empty. The hotline doesn't answer.

How can i transfer or activate my Apple store buyed software?

@querty1000 Just curious, did you try the 'my Account' tab on the tool bar all the way to the right (wee head, green when signed in), or the grayed out one on the menubar top left (which is also grayed out for me). Or are both grayed out/non functional for you?

Not that it helped me, but the tool bar 'my account' button opens up a new box with various functions, among which are one which shows who the account is registered to (if registered), and signing in and out. Mine shows that it is registered to me and the previously mentioned 'purchase receipt'. I would like to know if other people are registered and not registered at the same time. I was already signed in to my Affinity account according to this function. Tried signing out and back in which accomplished nothing, but maybe someone else has better luck.

Below is something Affinity Help says about the toolbar: but that isn't what is happening. Registered but not synchronized, no new registration window, which I guess is a bit logical as I am registered according to 'my account', but not according to Affinity.

• user account Active user account My Account—registers your app, accesses your Affinity account and synchronizes with purchased content. The icon will show green when signed into your account.
  • The registration window is presented the first time your Affinity app is opened. If you deferred registration at that time, select My Account on the Toolbar to reopen the window.

I am lost and frustrated (as year long enthusiastic user of Affinity Photo):

- I purchased today Affinity Photo 2 on my Mac via the Apple App Store. For this purchase I use my Apple iCloud User in order to make the payment (as with all apps)

- When opening the app, it asks me to activate with my Affinity Profile. As there is no link to my Apple iCloud User, it blocks and tells me not having a V2 licence

This cannot be that complicated! We are talking about purchasing online an App via the Apple App Store. If this doesn't work, it shouldn't be offered via this channel!

CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP?!?!?

2 hours ago, matkoehl said:

it asks me to activate with my Affinity Profile

Hi Matkoehl, you need your Affinity Store profile (not your forum profile), if you haven't got one then create one, then you need the email address & password for that account to activate Affinity Photo

The answer is much simpler than I thought: when "downloading" it from the Apple Store, it is downloaded as "free" app. The license needs to be purchased separately, correct? 

My advise: make this more transparent in the process. 

Edited by matkoehl

OK, i have now managed to logged into my Affinity account from the App, but anyway - since i have purchased the software via Apple App Store (Apple have charged already the 48,99 EUR from me) it runs always in Demo Mode and i'm not able to activate it. If i start Photo 2 i get a window with 2 offers (phot license and universal) but the "restore purchases" button doesn't work. Al that i can do is "Continue trial". May account shows always that there is no V2 license avail.

affinity.jpg

Edited by querty1000

I also have this problem. I purchased using the in-app purchase in Affinity Photo itself, but once my payment was made I was simply returned directly to the registration splash screen and my Affinity account was not linked with the purchase. I did, however, receive an invoice from Apple showing I have been charged. As a result registration always fails and the link to "restore purchases" is inoperative. As it stands I have paid £35.99 for absolutely nothing and remain in trial mode. I have e-mailed Affinity directly but am yet to receive a response.

Edited by ruglet

I'm going to respond to my own post now with the solution which I have found through a bit of trial and error!

From the registration splash screen when you first open Affinity Photo, click "buy now" again. A prompt will come up for your App Store credentials (or your fingerprint if you have that configured) in order to pay. Cancel out of it. Affinity Photo will now recognise your existing purchase and offer to link it to your Affinity account. Once done the software leaves trial mode and becomes usable.

18 minutes ago, ruglet said:

I'm going to respond to my own post now with the solution which I have found through a bit of trial and error!

From the registration splash screen when you first open Affinity Photo, click "buy now" again. A prompt will come up for your App Store credentials (or your fingerprint if you have that configured) in order to pay. Cancel out of it. Affinity Photo will now recognise your existing purchase and offer to link it to your Affinity account. Once done the software leaves trial mode and becomes usable.

Boah, you are the hero! It has worked for me after "buying" again the software. The Apple store knows that you already own this software and don't charges the money twice. Now the App is registered - Thank you much - much - much!