You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

3-D Secure Authorization and how to do it?

It's a security function required in some parts of the world.

If you're really in Seattle you shouldn't be seeing it as far as I know, but perhaps you're traveling? And if you're trying to use a US card, and you're getting the 3D authorization, that seems odd (but may be normal; I've never tried it).

Anyway, for it to work correctly you may need to make sure that JavaScript is enabled globally in your browser, or try a different browser. There are also browser extensions that can interfere with it. So you might try a different, up-to-date browser with no extensions.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Thank you.

Yes, I am really in Seattle, and not travelling.

Tried on iPad - two different up-to-date browsers, including Safari - Javascript enabled and on Mac using the most up-to-date version of Safari - Javascript is enabled. I have no add-ons or doo-bobs. Straight Safari. Seems that many other people are encountering payment difficulties. I fantasized that so many people were grabbing this excellent deal that Affinity servers were choking on the traffic.

Since I meet the requirements you just listed, perhaps something needs to be done on the Serif end of things. I never have issues paying for things online. I hope Serif are looking into why so many issues with payment.

Cheers

• 4 weeks later...

Did you ever resolve this, @VectorCat?

I'm still puzzled why a US credit card would need 3-D Secure processing.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

Thanks, @VectorCat. Still very puzzling that a US resident, presumably using a US card, would be asked for 3D Secure authorization. That is a function that I believe is only used outside the US, or for non-US cards. 

-- Walt
PC:

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I have the same issue. Trying to pay in Germany. And can't buy what I'd like to with credit card... Has there been a resolution found?
Tried three different browsers. Thanks.

2 hours ago, The_Snooze said:

I have the same issue. Trying to pay in Germany. And can't buy what I'd like to with credit card... Has there been a resolution found?
Tried three different browsers. Thanks.

Make sure JavaScript is not blocked (allow it universally), and make sure you don't have pop-ups blocked. Disabling other browser add-ons might help, too.

-- Walt
PC:

Thanks @walt.farrell

I am not sure how to dis- or enable Java-Script. I have tried 3 different browsers. Brave, then Firefox and lastly Safari. Brave used to work just fine a few weeks ago for purchases in the Affinity Store like the V2-Suite. Did they change something in the meantime?

2 minutes ago, The_Snooze said:

Did they change something in the meantime?

Sorry, no idea.

-- Walt
PC:

5 minutes ago, The_Snooze said:

Would you be able to tell where one does enable Java Script?

It is enabled by default, if you don't have some kind of add-on that restricts it, as far as I know. 

So you might try disabling any add-ons you have installed in your browsers.

-- Walt
PC:

Another device showed no change. I found out that Brave has a built-in blocker but even disabling that delivered no results. I believe it is an issue with my bank.

To shine some light on this bit: 3D Secure is an additional security measure for online payments via credit cards that operates kind of like a second factor. If you're seeing this when trying to pay via credit card, it means that the issuing bank of your credit card is requesting this additional factor before it approves the transfer. It really doesn't have anything to do with the shop or the website, it's purely a requirement of your bank. As far as I know, the credit card owner authorizes a 3D Secure transfer by either providing a password (which is chosen during the initial card setup; this is the old way) or by approving it via a button in the bank's/card's smartphone app. If 3D Secure is not properly set up, online payments might fail. If this happens, it's a support case for the issuing bank.

Richtig @kaffeeundsalz!

First I thought it was on Affinity's side because I was shopping before on their page with said card and all went swimmingly and then all of a sudden it came around with 3D stuff. But I am wiser now!