You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Do feature requests and bug reports have to be resubmitted if they were posted for V1?

For V1, I had submitted plenty of feature requests and some bug reports. I presume that any logged bugs/ improvements won't have to be resubmitted. But what about those who did not make it to V2? Shouldn't it be possible to selectively restore the topics that are still relevant? Or is the idea that you do have to repost them? I wasn't around during the pre 1.9 era, so I don't know the conventions sadly.

@Intuos5  I believe that @Patrick Connor has posted that it is not necessary to repost these requests and bug reports.

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.
MacBook Pro 13" 2020, Apple M1 chip, 16GB unified memory, 256GB  SSD storage
,  Ventura 13.6.   Publisher, Photo, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.1.1.  
 iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen. IOS 16.6.1); Apple pencil.  
Wired and bluetooth mice and keyboards.9_9

• Staff

Thanks jmwellborn

No Intuos5, anything reported before has been seen (or will be once we clear the backlog)

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff

We aim to fix the "most reported" bugs and those with highest severity first, but if you want to say "I can replicate this" in the public threads it actually helps those reporting bugs feel heard, and not ignored even if we haven't replied ourselves yet. More usefully if you know of a work around perhaps suggest that to the user in the meantime.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Yeah sure, I try to do that when I go to the forums to see if a bug was already reported. And I understand the priorities of course.

I do expect archived topics to be visited less, so I understand people making a new topic for V2, but still, must be more difficult for you guys to handle.

• Staff

Not really, there have been so many changes behind the scenes that I expect a number of issues have been fixed "in the wash" so although it's a shame that duplicates are being made, other issues will never be reported again, so at least this way the V2 issues are not surrounded by V1 issues that aren't true. ALSO I'm sure that people will continue to report V1 bugs in a hope that there are workarounds that don't involve spending more money. Those issues can be posted in the V1 forums

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd