You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

White balance not working with not RAW files

NZezula

Thanks so much! really looking forward to the fix! This is the only thing that prevents me from being fully loyal to Affinity suit. Keep up the great work and have a nice day!

29 minutes ago, Lee D said:

Thanks for the feedback, I'll update the report.

• 1 month later...

Hello.
I just checked one thing.
When we import the RAW file before revealing it for the first time (Revealing Person) both the white balance and the hue work.
Once developed in the Person Photo, only the white balance works and if we return with the same photo to the Developed Person, only the white balance works and not the hue.
That is to say that the first time everything related to color temperature works, but once developed, no longer.
I don't know if I explained myself well, I don't speak English and I translate with Google.

36 minutes ago, Tadd said:

Hello.
I just checked one thing.
When we import the RAW file before revealing it for the first time (Revealing Person) both the white balance and the hue work.
Once developed in the Person Photo, only the white balance works and if we return with the same photo to the Developed Person, only the white balance works and not the hue.
That is to say that the first time everything related to color temperature works, but once developed, no longer.
I don't know if I explained myself well, I don't speak English and I translate with Google.

yes I experienced the same behavior

• Staff

Hi @Tadd,
That's what's logged with development. The RAW file is converted to a pixel layer the first time you process it in Develop Persona. When you have that pixel layer selected and go back to Develop Persona to edit the white balance a second time it only changes the Temperature. The same happens if you open a JPG and switch immediately to the Develop Persona to edit the White Balance - the jpg file is equally a pixel layer and so it will not work in these conditions as well.
For now what you can do is set the Output (in context toolbar) in Develop Persona to a RAW Layer (Embedded or Linked as you prefer) rather than Pixel layer if possible. This way the RAW file remains editable as such, and the White Balance will work correctly changing both the Temperature and Tint.

Hi @MEB,

I would just add that it's not only in develop persona but in the photo persona too (if you add a new white balance layer and use the picker, it will do nothing with the tint)... I guess its the same function used in two different places so it does not matter that much, but for my use case, and I think for a lot of people too, the bug in photo persona is the bigger problem.... when you need to go through hundreds of photos per day and know that it will be presented either only on the web or in a small format you usually do not bother with RAW and do some bulk conversion as the first step or just shooting to JPG in the first place. And if the photographer forgets to calibrate the camera properly, or is just shooting for a long time and a light condition changes, you need to be able to fix it with one click in the software 

Thanks for your effort and checking it with developers. I totally agree with zezula, most of the times I do not even go into the develop persona because I only work with digital renderings which do not even have the raw file in the first place. So the tool I would like to be working to balance the white is the one into the photo persona. 

To sum up, I didn't get if it will be fixed or not, what's the outcome of your meeting?

• Staff

Hi @rikkarlo,
I understand the Photo Persona is equally important (if not more). On my previous reply I was mostly acknowledging Tadd's issue which was specifically referring to Develop Persona. Rest assured both are included in the report. I do not know if/when the issue will be fixed as this depends entirely on dev team/management priorities, sorry.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi @NZezula,
This issue wasn't touched for 2.0.4 which was mainly to fix urgent/critical issues, thus it's still open. I've bumped/updated it yet again - hopefully the next update/patch will take care of it. No worries with raising bugs/issues/problems with us - we appreciate your feedback. Thanks for keeping at it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...