You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Can I activate the license in all software and all versions at once? (split)

On 11/7/2022 at 12:49 PM, Patrick Connor said:

Affinity V2 Universal Licence

SO, about this price, I take I can activate the license in all softwares and all versions at one, or can I only have like one Affinity Photo licensed at a time. Like if I wanted to use photo in both desktop and iPad at the same time!

• Staff
10 minutes ago, jaizon said:

SO, about this price, I take I can activate the license in all softwares and all versions at one, or can I only have like one Affinity Photo licensed at a time. Like if I wanted to use photo in both desktop and iPad at the same time!

Yep, you've bought a Universal Licence, you should expect to be able to install it on any machines you own and use them as you please.

Very disappointed that we still don't get a catalogue system for Photo. The lack of it puts off so many photogs from moving to Affinity Photo.  Other newer systems have one so why cannot we Affinity devotees have one!  I know there are alternatives but we do need an integrated one by Affinity to make it complete.

2 minutes ago, HFNotts said:

LR has a catalogue module as do Capture One,  Luminar etc. 

I knew you were referring to software like these one. That's a pretty common mistake, people think that Photo is equivalent to Lightroom for some reason. It is not, though, and the gallery makes no sense in it. Jut like you don't have one in Photoshop, if I'm not mistaken. For Photo we need features like Ai assisted edits, etc. Gallery would only make sense if Serif was set on making a Lightroom-like software.

Take everything I said with criticism, that's mostly my opinion based on the purpose of the software. Serif might do whatever they want with their program, but I'm sure that most people would be happier with getting new editing features, like the mentioned AI, instead of galleries or something like that.

• Staff

@jaizon & @HFNotts

This question has been split from the marketing announcement as that thread has been locked as too many people were asking unrelated questions

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Not sure what you mean about galleries but I refer to a proper catalogue system where I can add folders for adding my images in a systematic way and acces them into Affinity directly.

If you like much as I could when using Lightroom and Photoshop without doing any work in LR and as I now do in XPView.  Using Pictures I have to search them from Affinity rather than click on an image in a catalogue which then goes straight into Affinity - just speeds up the workflow and therefore more convenient.  It would need any PP tools just a way of holding the image files in a catalogue system and linking directly into Affinity Photo.  I'm happy with the new features by the way and have already bought 2.