You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Can not activate V2 universal license..

13 hours ago, MEB said:

Hi @durbanad,
If you are still able to launch Photo, close all other Affinity apps, go to the Account panel in Photo, (top right corner of the interface), click Deactivate this device and close Photo. Then launch the Affinity app from where you originally purchased the in-app universal license and try to activate it again from there. Check if the other two are now activated as well. Let me know how it goes. Thanks.

This unfortunately broke Photo and it does not work as well as the Designer and Publisher. This is bit of a mess. 

Would it be best if I ask the Apple store for a refund and but the apps individually?

13 minutes ago, durbanad said:

This unfortunately broke Photo and it does not work as well as the Designer and Publisher. This is bit of a mess. 

Would it be best if I ask the Apple store for a refund and but the apps individually?

Okay so I tried to buy it again but stopped just before the final transaction. Then somehow it let me log in with my email and password across the board for all three apps.

Thanks for the help/trying

@MEB 🙂 Any good solutions on the way? 

I could try to buy again, but I see there are various results.. would it be silly to start a trial while waiting? Or better wait for a final working result? It’s not super urgent as I have survived with V1 for a few years, as long as I can continue with V1 documents in V2 later on.. 🙂 

@MEB I got it to work.. what I did was to click buy again but cancel before confirmation of buying and then I got the option to register the app to my account. This was Designer on macOS. I had to do the same process for Affinity Photo on macOS. When opening Designer on the iPad I had to do the same process again.. but when I opened Photo on the iPad I got directly to the page to register the app to my account. 🙂 

it’s all working fine here now, and I can’t wait to start to get used to the new UI and tools.. 

Thanks a lot for support and help! 🙂 I’m writing on a spotlight interview with you guys so I hope I will get used to V2 quick and talk a little about that too.. 

Thanks again! 🙂 

• Staff

Hi @276ccm,
I'm glad to know you've sorted it out. Thanks for the feedback. I wish I could have been more helpful actually. I'm still trying to figure out between all the feedback we are receiving what's going wrong and a clean way/solution to help fix these issues. Thank for you patience and support. Much appreciated.

Still no progress here.

Bought the apps via the website
The purchase is verified in my account
And I downloaded the apps via the v2 licenses and downloads page

When working on the M1 Mac mini, I get a window to enter mu Id and password to activate.
After this I get an error message: https://ibb.co/30L0djt

I downloaded the apps on my iPad
And here I get a window to enter my id and password
But when I press the activate button the app is not responding anymore.

If you would need more info to have a better view, just let me know.
Thank you

CleanShot 2022-11-11 at 22.04.38.png

CleanShot 2022-11-11 at 22.08.04.png

I have the same issues. I Tried all of the above with no luck. I did the purchase on my ipad. 

I have the confirmation mail of my purchase. I did the "activate with different account" in all 3 apps with no luck. I tried the same in designer on my mac. 

I reinstalled the apps with no luck either. I can run the trial and log in fine withing all of the apps. I can login on my windows, I can login on my mac. But no place can i see my purchase. Any idea what to try next?

• Staff

Hi Zyberg, 

Hopefully this should clear things up for you,

When you purchase from an App store, they do not pass on the purchase information to us, you need to either create an account with us via the prompt when launching or sign in with your existing Affinity ID on the app that you made the purchase.

This will then tell us that you made the purchase, and activate any of our apps once you sign in to them.

If for some reason the App hasn't registered your purchase, sometimes a reboot of the device can trigger this on next launch.

Finally if this doesn't work please select the 'Buy Now' option - this should force refresh your account and detect the purchase from the App Store, you should not need to actually complete the purchase again.

This should now allow you to access the software and register it with your Affinity ID.

Lee

Ok Trying this now. 

• I rebooted my Ipad Pro (M2)
  • Launched affinity designer 2 
  • clicked "i already have an affinity designer 2 og universal licence"
  • Logged in and got the "activation unsuccessful"

After that i tried this...

• Clicked Buy now on the affinity v2 universal license 
  • Confirmed the purchase but clicked cancel on the last chance you get. 
  • tried the "i already have an affinity designer 2 og universal licence" again
  • Same result "activation unsuccessful"

If i click restore purchases i get a "Sorry, there are no transactions to restore! Please purchase a licence to continue"

Just for info i have had an account with you for a long time and have both ipad versions of all v1 apps and all v1 apps on my windows and mac too!
I bought the universal license. 

Best,
Esben

Edited by Zyberg

Hello,

I purchased the Universal Licence bundle via the website, and from the download page downloaded all the apps and installed Photo first.

The install seems to have worked successfully (Windows 10, 22H2)

As soon as the app starts though, it asks for the licence information. I have tried many times entering the information I have been given, tried copy and paste from the website too, but nothing works.

Any help would be appreciated. I submitted a request via email, but not heard back other than a default response saying they were busy.

As a first time customer, its not very promising I have to say.

Thankyou for any assistance.

Rob.

4 minutes ago, Bunnywood said:

As soon as the app starts though, it asks for the licence information. I have tried many times entering the information I have been given, tried copy and paste from the website too, but nothing works.

Hi @Bunnywood, welcome to the forums, you need to use your affinity store login details (not your forum login), your email & password, then it should work

On 11/12/2022 at 4:13 AM, geertdecang said:

Still no progress here.

Bought the apps via the website
The purchase is verified in my account
And I downloaded the apps via the v2 licenses and downloads page

When working on the M1 Mac mini, I get a window to enter mu Id and password to activate.
After this I get an error message: https://ibb.co/30L0djt

I downloaded the apps on my iPad
And here I get a window to enter my id and password
But when I press the activate button the app is not responding anymore.

If you would need more info to have a better view, just let me know.
Thank you

CleanShot 2022-11-11 at 22.04.38.png

CleanShot 2022-11-11 at 22.08.04.png

I experienced the same thing as you

• Staff

Hi bayuprahara, 

Did you follow my troubleshooting steps previously posted?

Lee

On 11/14/2022 at 5:08 PM, LeeThorpe said:

Hi Zyberg, 

Hopefully this should clear things up for you,

When you purchase from an App store, they do not pass on the purchase information to us, you need to either create an account with us via the prompt when launching or sign in with your existing Affinity ID on the app that you made the purchase.

This will then tell us that you made the purchase, and activate any of our apps once you sign in to them.

If for some reason the App hasn't registered your purchase, sometimes a reboot of the device can trigger this on next launch.

Finally if this doesn't work please select the 'Buy Now' option - this should force refresh your account and detect the purchase from the App Store, you should not need to actually complete the purchase again.

This should now allow you to access the software and register it with your Affinity ID.

Lee

59 minutes ago, LeeThorpe said:

Hi bayuprahara, 

Did you follow my troubleshooting steps previously posted?

Lee

Hi Lee, thanks for your reply.  

Yes, I've read your troubleshooting steps previously.  

Ok, I'll try to give a bit more detailed information on this issue:

1) I purchased a universal license through the Affinity store, on an iMac.  

2) I received links to download 3 desktop apps and 3 iPad apps.  

3) I installed 3 Affinity desktop apps on my iMac (Monterey) successfully. 

4) I downloaded 3 iPad apps by scanning a code on the screen of an iMac with an iPad (16, Ventura).  But, after it's finished installing, I can't activate it after I press the activation button, what happens is just like the following picture.  

IMG_20221117_174544.thumb.jpg.3a70a08ce0d2a7a2f5739833f8d8726f.jpg

5) I tried several ways to solve this problem (reboot, reinstall, select 'Buy Now' button) but the result is still like the image above.  However, I want to let you know that when I select "Buy Now" (Universal License) the balance in my digital wallet is not enough; could this be the reason I didn't succeed?

And, I still have Affinity Designer & Affinity Photo V1 when I intall V2. 

• Staff

Hi bayuprahara,

As the above says, the instructions I gave are for people who purchased via App stores, so don't click buy now!

As you purchased from ourselves, you should only need to sign in with your account after clicking "already purchased"

Try restarting your mac >loading the app again, click already purchased, then sign in 

Lee