You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Painting masks only paints white, does not paint black

JaGold

Hi, I'm trying find out why when I paint on to a mask I can old paint white. When I swap colors on the color palette to black, it still paints white. This happens when I have the Assistant "Adding mask layer to selection: Add mask as new layer". Im not sure if the "Adding filter layer to selection: Add mask as new layer" is working properly either, can you take a look too?

Thanks! 

Screen Shot 2022-11-07 at 10.42.21 AM.png

9 hours ago, JaGold said:

When I swap colors on the color palette to black, it still paints white.

The black opacity value must be 100. 
There might be a bug where this value changes to 0 by some means. Just earlier today I've seen a thread dealing with a very similar issue.

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2

47 minutes ago, ashf said:

Could be the same as this?

Yeah, that's the one I meant.

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2

Hey friends,

I did some more investigating with the masks (if you haven't noticed Im a noob with AF, but have PS chops)... and I think I actually screwed up here. When I press B for brush I think I was occasionally cycling between Paint Brush tool and the Color Replacement Brush Tool, and the latter does not work as expected (the tool on B&W kinda looks likes it's creating weird artifacts). My bad!