You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Please make the crashes STOP!

evtonic3

• Staff

The issue seems to be related to the brushes installed on your iPad. Can you confirm your workflow that leads up to a crash? Are the brushes you're using third party ones purchased from our Affinity Store or somewhere else? Can you confirm which brushes there are?

Do the crashes occur if you use the default brushes?

Do this happen when using just the Apple Pencil or when using your finger as well?

Which model iPad do you have and which version of iPadOS is it running?

I’ve been trying out the  pre-made .aphoto files made by RetroSupply ColorLab to start off by opening from iCloud on the UI. Loads fine.

Now I am the type that loves to see ALL their purchased brushes on my iPad so I don’t really want to ever take some off. If I have to I will but I prefer not to. So I can say that ColorLab was purchased on their store along with many other sets. So it came from them directly. BTW, it crashed so hard again that it wiped out all brushes except the Affinity Store ones. But right now they’re all there. So I’m working on ColorLab type of illustrations so I would load my file as I mentioned, look for my ColorLab brush set by scrolling WITH APPLE PENCIL, sometime I get a crash here, Just scrolling for brushes, But sometimes I get to (arrive at) the desired brush in ColorLab set, choose it with Apple Pencil (all selections are with APencil). But when I make an initial stroke on the desired layer, which I always check I’m in the right type of layer. It crashes here too.

I have an Air 4th generation running latest iOS 15 update. It is at 80-90% full mainly due to the Affinity folders taking up so much space!

I think its the preview of the sets of brushes  when I scroll from the list that may cause some crashes because I know the it can’t keep up with the scroll speed.

• 1 month later...
On 9/27/2022 at 5:07 AM, evtonic3 said:

Made a little test. I opened file on photo although it doesn't have nearly the library designer does. And I get zero crashes.

This really sounds like it is time for you to save all your work outside of the app, delete it then re-install it. I would recommend using an iCloud subscription and Optimise Storage options to prevent your iPad filling up and leaving insufficient free space.

My dad always told me, a bad workman always blames their tools….

Just waiting for Ronny Pickering…..

Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 1.10 and 2.4 on macOS Sonoma 14 on M1 Mac Mini 16GB 1TB
Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 1.10 and 2.4 on Windows 10 Pro. Deceased
Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 2.4 on M1 iPad Pro 11” on iPadOS 17.4 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityForiPad

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityPhoto/

The hardest link to find https://affinity.help