You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Cannot access the trial (split)

7 hours ago, Komatös said:

Hi @DAYGraphicsand welcome to the forums.

You can test the desktop apps extensively for 10 days.

You will find that Affinity Photo can be used like Photoshop in many places. However, you will also miss things; and you will discover functions that are not available in Photoshop.

Photo trial: https://affinity.store/get/photo/trial/

Designer trial: https://affinity.store/get/designer/trial/

Publisher trial: https://affinity.store/get/publisher/trial/

I have tried 4 times last night. It is an infinite loop. I get to the download link and this is what I see. A message about a link and product key number - but no link. The screen keeps refreshing the browser every 15 seconds or so. No link. Says I need to verify email address. No emails coming through. Says resend verification email... I click it nothing comes through. It isn't in junk or spam... just a futile effort to do this. I was able to successfully create an account and get on this forum. Verified my email and all that jazz. It all went smoothly. Any helpful suggestions?

ATTEMPTS.jpg

• Staff

@DAYGraphics

I can see your trial orders in your account, and that the account uses the same email address as on the forums, so I have bypassed the validation step for you. You should now be able to download the software from your Downloads page of your account.

Potentially it may be helpful for you to ask your email service provider (comcast) why they block emails from Affintiy@serif.com (they have done this in the past to others) and how to override that block and whitelist us.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

22 hours ago, Patrick Connor said:

Potentially it may be helpful for you to ask your email service provider (comcast) why they block emails from Affintiy@serif.com (they have done this in the past to others) and how to override that block and whitelist us.

I don't know if it is a similar situation, but a similar thing happened to me, and the actual configuration fault was on the sender side, not the receiver:

• serif may have certain security settings published via your DNS records for email (DKIM, SPF, DANE, …)
  • if you have multiple systems allowed to send emails using your email domain, one might fail to implement all the published security measures
  • a receiving mail server with  strict configuration consequently rejects that messages if it is sent unencrypted (no StartTLS)

https://www.rackaid.com/blog/email-dns-records/

Mac mini M1 A2348 | Windows 10 - AMD Ryzen 9 5900x - 32 GB RAM - Nvidia GTX 1080

LG34WK950U-W, calibrated to DCI-P3 with LG Calibration Studio / Spider 5

iPad Air Gen 5 (2022) A2589

Special interest into procedural texture filter, edit alpha channel, RGB/16 and RGB/32 color formats, stacking, finding root causes for misbehaving files, finding creative solutions for unsolvable tasks, finding bugs in Apps.

• Staff
42 minutes ago, NotMyFault said:

I don't know if it is a similar situation, but a similar thing happened to me, and the actual configuration fault was on the sender side, not the receiver:

• serif may have certain security settings published via your DNS records for email (DKIM, SPF, DANE, …)
  • if you have multiple systems allowed to send emails using your email domain, one might fail to implement all the published security measures
  • a receiving mail server with  strict configuration consequently rejects that messages if it is sent unencrypted (no StartTLS)

https://www.rackaid.com/blog/email-dns-records/

Serif uses Amazon's SES email sending service for these emails. All of the above is handled by them.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/3/2022 at 11:17 AM, Patrick Connor said:

@DAYGraphics

I can see your trial orders in your account, and that the account uses the same email address as on the forums, so I have bypassed the validation step for you. You should now be able to download the software from your Downloads page of your account.

Oh Thanks so much. I just saw this. I WILL ask Comcast what is going on? Why would they do that. Thanks again. I had given up... but now that I see I will try again.