You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

2 minutes ago, iconoclast said:

No, of course not.

So, in the end, we can have libraries of vector shapes for flow diagrams, and this would be as the stencils in Visio. What we would miss is the same behavior with magnetic links.

Hadn't I already them in Apple Pages and Keynote, I would like to see them in Designer!

Paolo

1 minute ago, PaoloT said:

A workflow is usually unique to a process, so what could you do with a complete flow referred to a project unrelated with one you are working on?

For example, the form of a specific workflow chart can be used for several different projects, or at least as a starting point for many of them.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Just now, R C-R said:

For example, the form of a specific workflow chart can be used for several different projects, or at least as a starting point for many of them.

If so, you could save a Designer template for a specific task. This would also save the assets with it.

Paolo

Just now, PaoloT said:

If so, you could save a Designer template for a specific task. This would also save the assets with it.

Or just save it as as Asset. That's probably more useful if you want to add the chart to an existing document.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

2 minutes ago, PaoloT said:

So, in the end, we can have libraries of vector shapes for flow diagrams, and this would be as the stencils in Visio. What we would miss is the same behavior with magnetic links.

Hadn't I already them in Apple Pages and Keynote, I would like to see them in Designer!

Paolo

We can of course have libraries of vector shapes. But  I can't say if that will be comparable to Visio, because I don't really know this program. From my point of view, Designer is an app for creatives, while diagrams are more an office-topic. But I may be wrong.

1 hour ago, iconoclast said:

From my point of view, Designer is an app for creatives, while diagrams are more an office-topic.

While the main scope of diagrams is for brainstorming, they are also a useful tool for presenting a process. This means that Designer could be called to make them, when preparing a report or a project.

As stated above, I already use other tools to make them, but the power of Designer could help make them better integrated in the general look of the document.

Paolo

1 minute ago, PaoloT said:

While the main scope of diagrams if for brainstorming, they are also a useful tool for presenting a process. This means that Designer could be called to make them, when preparing a report or a project.

As stated above, I already use other tools to make them, but the power of Designer could help make them better integrated in the general look of the document.

Paolo

I wouldn't mind if Designer would have these capabilities. But it is not important for me and the most users of vector graphics software, I think. There are other things that would have priority for me, like e.g. guides for realistic perspective drawing or distortion tools. If I want to create diagrams, I can easily do it with my office suite. But my demands concerning diagrams may not be as high as yours.