You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

You can use a Gradient Map adjustment to recolour the image with the colours that you want to use, and a Posterize adjustment to control the level of complexity of the result.

By the way, the Resources section of the forums is intended for sharing resources. A question thread like this one should be in the Questions section: perhaps a moderator will move it.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Thanks Alfred. The section drop down would only allow me to select the Resources section.
I will try Gradient Map Adjustment - thank you very much for the link.
P.S. I have over 60 colours to map to the gradient...? That might take a while. I will see if I can reduce this.

Snip.JPG

23 hours ago, Buell8abe said:

The section drop down would only allow me to select the Resources section.

Where did you see that? Did you try looking in https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php? You should see several sub-sections in the Affinity Support & Questions section, one of which is Affinity on Desktop Questions (macOS and Windows) at https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/forum/5-affinity-on-desktop-questions-macos-and-windows/

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

5 minutes ago, Buell8abe said:

Hi, I can't remember the route that I took now (although that looks right to me: Affinity on Desktop Questions (macOS and Windows), but I do remember starting at the top level and drilling down. That's all I can remember now.

I think what may have happened is you clicked on the "Create +" link at the top of the page but did not notice that after clicking "Topic" in the Select Forum window that appears, when you click the "Select" item, you have to click on both of the the exposure > buttons to show the subforums in the Affinity support section.

1421299338_selectforum.jpg.01120d84e74b223334a7536d853ee7f8.jpg

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

On 8/12/2022 at 4:20 PM, Buell8abe said:

Is it possible to use a colour palette to posterize image, please?

Short: No. Not as expected. But workaround(s) might work. – This recent thread tells quite a few various aspects …

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1