You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

For some reason I cannot see pen tool blue handles on the document page but if I extend the path off the page they show up on the background but as soon as move back on to the page they disappear. On a finished pen path they will show when using the node tool . I don't recall this happening in the pas

I am on current A/D and using a n iMac 24" Monterey 12.6

• Staff

Hi @jonnsin,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble!

I'm a little confused by your report however as I'm struggling to visualise the issue you're experiencing.

Therefore, can you please provide a screen recording here showing the issue for me?

If you're unsure how to take a screen recording, please check out our FAQ linked below - 

Many thanks in advance :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

image.thumb.png.a360b51856c7baec908d8d7f9a7bcf92.pngYou can probably see the blue lines at left off page which only appear as I come off the page and disappear as soon as I come back onto the page. Hope this makes sense. Sorry didn't manage screen recording but this might explain my problem. Actually on closer inspection I have discovered that the blue lines do appear when I come back on to the page are there but are so feint the are almost invisible. Is there a way to strengthen them?

2 minutes ago, jonnsin said:

Actually on closer inspection I have discovered that the blue lines do appear when I come back on to the page are there but are so feint the are almost invisible. Is there a way to strengthen them?

Why do you need to strengthen the blue lines on canvas when you can see your path/curve represented by the stoke weight and the nodes? Slightly unsure why or what benefit you would gain here if the blue line was thicker or more prominent? If you reduce the stroke width to say 0.5pt you will effectively see the same blue line both on and off canvas...

Could you maybe explain what benefit you feel you would gain by strengthening the blue line?

Affinity Designer 2.4.2 | Affinity Photo 2.4.2 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.2
Affinity Designer  Beta 2.5.0 (2402) | Affinity Photo Beta 2.5.0 (2402) | Affinity Publisher Beta 2.5.0 (2402)

Affinity Designer 1.7.3 | Affinity Photo 1.7.3 | Affinity Publisher 1.10.8
MacBook Pro 16GB, macOS Monterey 12.7.4, Magic Mouse

What you are seeing is the handles for the selected Node and its immediate neighbours' curves. The final node is the selected one, it is a sharp node so has no handles, the next one is a smooth curve and has the one handle controlling the curve on the side that is closest to the the selected curve.

Choose the node tool and click on some other nodes. Watch what happens.

This could be a screen drawing issue. If you haven't turned your machine off for a long time (days) and you haven't quit Designer for quite a while too then these things should be done.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.