You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Can't scroll while dragging

Standard behaviour on macOS is that when clicking and dragging to move something with the trackpad, you can then place two further fingers down and use them to scroll as normal while still dragging the item. In Affinity Publisher this isn't working. When I try to scroll with two fingers on the trackpad while dragging an object, nothing happens.

macOS 12.3.1, Affinity Publisher 1.10.5

Also: macOS Big Sur (11.6.5), Affinity Publisher 1.10.4

I got curious.  What if, instead of multi-touch scrolling on the trackpad, you combined click-and-hold/drag on the trackpad with the keyboard shortcut for Document > Next/Previous Page, ie cmd-page down/up?  That's a slightly awkward combination if you're right-handed, but it's do-able.   You appear to still have hold of the original object's outline when you arrive at the destination page (see screenshot).  However, release hold of it and nothing happens - it's actually still back in its original location.  

image.png.26679458cff61b1233850af46e62a9c9.png

It looks as if the 'grasp' is released on the first keyboard shortcut.  In which case, appearing to still have hold of it might be considered a bug, whereas the absence of the multitouch trackpad scrolling would be a feature request?

—— Gary ——

Photo/Designer/Publisher: Affinity Store, v2.4.n release

Mac mini (M1, 2020), 16GB/2TB, macOS Ventura 13.4.1(c) • MacBook Pro (Intel), macOS Ventura • Windows 10 via VMware Fusion • iOS: current release

For me, on a trackpad, it works with dragging only (without additional fingers): If I drag a layout object to an edge of the window and hold it there briefly, scrolling starts. If I hold it there, the scrolling speed increases gradually (but slower than expected and experienced from other apps, e.g. macOS Finder).

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1