You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Lost the plot in trying to export a png

Sorry Guys.

I just can't seem to fathom why I can't export this image that I'm placing inside a Mobile phone image.

I can't get a png export that will not show the square corners, as I just want the image I've got, showing as if it were inside the mobile phone.

Can anyone help me see where I'm going wrong.

Thanks

image.png.0a51bf39b4f9570b0c9fcee3b7d58be4.png

I end up with the background still as part of the image.

I have two images, one with the phone and the background and the other is the image I've placed inside the phone.

thanks

9 minutes ago, TopRobRoy said:

I can't get a png export that will not show the square corners,

Do you mean you just want to export the image in your first screenshot but without the checkerboard background?

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

• Staff

Hi @TopRobRoy,

If you're trying to export your image to PNG without the checkerboard background as carl has mentioned, one way you can achieve this is by making a selection of your Phone image > Refine > New Layer with Mask and then resize your canvas (if required), uncheck the old layers and export to PNG. Attached is my afphoto file ready to export.

Phone Refined.afphoto

11 minutes ago, NathanC said:

Hi @TopRobRoy,

If you're trying to export your image to PNG without the checkerboard background as carl has mentioned, one way you can achieve this is by making a selection of your Phone image > Refine > New Layer with Mask and then resize your canvas (if required), uncheck the old layers and export to PNG. Attached is my afphoto file ready to export.

Phone Refined.afphoto 2.19 MB · 1 download

So yes, that's what I wanted thanks. No background, just the phone with the image.  So can I ask when I choose refine, what do I actually select, to get an exported png please. All of those sections in your Phone Refined file?

Thanks

• Staff
5 minutes ago, TopRobRoy said:

So yes, that's what I wanted thanks. No background, just the phone with the image.  So can I ask when I choose refine, what do I actually select, to get an exported png please. All of those sections in your Phone Refined file?

The selection has already been made in my originally attached file on the top layer which is ticked as visible, so you should be able to export to PNG with that file.

Alternatively, if you want to use your original file instead of mine, draw a selection around the phone > select 'Refine' on the context toolbar > Output at the bottom as 'New Layer' or 'New Layer With Mask' > Untick old layers visibility > File > Export to PNG.

Ah Ok I see now, the initial shown grid raster wasn't meant, just the checkerboard background. - Just follow NathanC's advice with/for APh.

Here's a ADe version instead ...

penny_parker_phone.png.6cd7a0e702f9e6bfbe96e89c687a1f75.png

penny_parker2.png.24eb61c5eafbf293438d38aae3f24e75.png

penny_parker.afdesign

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

Hi Guys

Back again, as I noticed that the graphic isn't very clear, particularly down on the left side and the top.

I'm trying to fix and export this again, as I've a presentation tomorrow.  I'm still not getting (thought I had), how I can get this image much better than this.

Please bear with me. I have ADHD and Autism. I've some difficulty in remembering how to get this. Sorry.

image.png.40f84cbf2351cf117a5f531992445408.png

23 minutes ago, TopRobRoy said:

as I noticed that the graphic isn't very clear, particularly down on the left side and the top

Do you mean the iPhone mockup, or the placed in/embedded Penny Parker image? - If you mean the iPhone mockup, take another one from the internet, there are a bunch of free versions of those. If for the Penny Parlker image, you can look if it'S due to the way of positioning inside, or try out to apply a little bit of sharpening of that image then, in order to see how things look then.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan

That mockup from you was a pixel/raster image based one, a vector based one would have been better here. - You better look after a vector one instead, where you don't have to remove/cut out a checkerboard background and the like first of all.

So more something like this here (you can open, resize and reuse that ADe file in APh too) ...

iphone6_transparent_bg.png.cec78f2689a0ea37cbacea84dcc0fe4f.png

Thanks. That's cool. I've decided though that I want to have a more modern design, and wanted an Andriod, but I don't think it makes any real difference.

I've just got this image now and would like to use that one as well.

It said it was an eps file, which defaulted to Publisher on my system. Then it seemed worse. :)

Can this be used?

Thanks

89354.eps