You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

A note that the thread about a massive photo wrap has been moved

If you are looking for the thread about a massive photo wrap, a moderator has moved it to the

Affinity on Desktop Questions (Mac and Windows)

section.

Note to moderator: Could you possibly leave this thread in Resources until the original poster has found the thread in its new location please?

William

Until December 2022, using a Lenovo laptop running Windows 10 in England. From January 2023, using an HP laptop running Windows 11 in England.

4 minutes ago, William Overington said:

If you are looking for the thread about a massive photo wrap, a moderator has moved it

Threads are often moved by moderators to a more appropriate forum section. Why the focus on this particular thread?

Any user can find moved threads via their forum profile page.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Also, William, pointing to a forum when mentioning something has moved isn't going to help very much. You can copy the URL of the topic from browser's location bar and use that, or click the ... icon on the first post, click Share, and choose the URL from there.

As Alfred mentioned, Moderators will commonly move topics into the proper forum if a user puts them in the wrong spot, and this is essential for good management of the forum. They can leave a pointer in the old forum, but usually don't. 

If a user has posted in the topic it's easy for them to find it (Activity, Content I've posted in). Otherwise, if they know a search term they can just search.

Edit to add the below:

Also, in this case specifically (but most cases in general):

• If the user is Following their topic, they will be notified of any responses.
  • If the user is not Following their topic, responders will often tag them with the @ notation, so they will be notified.

Thus, the movement is nothing we should need to worry about.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• Staff

Hi @William Overington,

As much as I appreciate that you are trying to help other users, creating excess threads in the incorrect location isn't something we'd encourage here on the forums and I must ask you not to do this.

The thread you are referring to did not belong in 'Resources' (and neither does this thread), hence it was moved to Questions.
As other users have mentioned above, moving threads from incorrect locations happens very often on the forums - and if users were to create posts such as yours for each one moved, the forums would quickly become a confusing mess.

I'll be moving this thread to 'Questions', as although it is not technically a question, it certainly doesn't belong in resources. I'll also be locking it from further replies, as for all of the reasons above we simply don't require this type of post to be made, but once again I do appreciate you are only trying to help.

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!