You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How come when I use the Hue slider in HSL I get way too great a jump by slightly moving the slider? This is too erratic and should be looked at. I thought that extending the palette on the corner to make it bigger would help but the panels don't adjust to make bigger.

• Staff

The jump per pixel on a slider is based linearly on its width since it needs to reach from its minimum value to its maximum value. So the shorter the slider the bigger the jump per pixel. You can increase the resolution of the slider by increasing the width of the panel either by increasing the width of the studio, or by floating the colour panel and then increase the width of that panel.

I've attached a screenshot of the increased panel width.

post-14-0-53763900-1449565689_thumb.png

I would also like to know how to increase the width of the panels.

When I open the HSL Panel and try to make it wider I can not. I never get the cursor icon that says that I can drag the side of the panel to make it wider and that is true for the panels opened both by the Adjustment Tab or the Layer -> New Adjustment Layer command. This appears to be true for all of the panels, not just the HSL panel (or at least all of the panels I tried).

I did know that, but doing that does not change the width of the panel when it is opened as far as I can see. Andrew Tang's comment referred to changing the width of the panel so the slider controls were not quite so sensitive. How can I do that? Or am I missing something?

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.