You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

AP 1.10.5.1227 Win 10 lockup during area selection

Support,

While working with a small jpg file, 88K the app locked up while using the selection brush. I had made 2 duplicate background layers and was working on the top one. The openCL was enabled for the NVIDA GT 1030. I had updated the driver to the latest 4 days ago. I have since unchecked the openCL and have been working successfully. I have run the SFC/SCANOW utility, no errors found as well as the .NET repair tool, no issues found.

system specs

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4570 CPU @ 3.20GHz   3.20 GHz 24GB RAM

Windows 10 Pro, 21H2 OS Build 19044.1466

NVIDIA driver GeForce Ver. 511.23 released 1/14/2022

Direct X runtime 12.0

b54dc69b-66a7-4c5f-b43a-ea11c9979629.dmp NVIDIA System Information 01-19-2022 08-36-29.txt

• Staff

Hey shackcf,

Thanks for the feedback. I've been unable to reproduce this on 3 machines, however they all have different GPU's. Tested with a 2060, 3070 Ti and a 3080 - I'm running the latest Game Ready drivers for all 3.

I'll pass the crash report on. We've started collecting driver versions and crash reports that we think are related to OpenCL issues so this will hopefully be useful - many thanks

Thanks Chris B,

I am going to enable the openCL option again and monitor what else the system may be running in the background as well when this happens, if it happens. I sometimes have a file explorer open to grab a photo.  I also have a second monitor on this system running on the standard HDMI vs Display output but I did not have it powered on when this happened. 

The reason I am running the BETA is due to the constant lockups with the 1.10.4.1198 release. That is more than selection, it is also painting on masks and other  issues. I have sent dmp files for that as well. Dan is following that.  

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.