You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Move Tool keyboard shortcut preference displays wrong options

R C-R

In keyboard Preferences > Designer v 1.0.4, if I select the Node Tool from the second popup list & then immediately select the Move Tool from that same popup, I get this:

520995749_KbdMoveToolshortuts.jpg.8ac7871710225a1330e69d3b96298ba1.jpg

This only happens if I first select the Node Tool & then immediately thereafter the Move Tool; otherwise, when I select the Move Tool I get the only 'real' shortcut available, that being Cycle Selection Box.

Some thing similar happens in AP & APub, so this seems like a real bug, not just something unique to me.

I would like to know if any other Mac user sees the same thing in AD or either of the other 1.10.4 versions.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

37 minutes ago, R C-R said:

I would like to know if any other Mac user sees the same thing in AD or either of the other 1.10.4 versions.

Not seeing this. OS 10.12.6 can't check the other machine right now. All seems fine in all 3 applications.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

4 minutes ago, Old Bruce said:

Not seeing this. OS 10.12.6 can't check the other machine right now. All seems fine in all 3 applications.

In the second popup, did you try selecting the Node Tool first & then immediately switching that popup to the Move Tool?

If I select any other item from the second popup & then select the Move Tool, I get just the Cycle Selection Box item, as I should.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

I followed your instructions. That was on OS 10.12.6 But....

Well now that I am on the Mac 11.6.2 I can say that it must be an OS bug.

Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

15 minutes ago, Old Bruce said:

Well now that I am on the Mac 11.6.2 I can say that it must be an OS bug.

I am still using Catalina (10.15.7) & my results are a bit different -- no 'wiping' with white if I move the pointer up & down -- but it does seem to be a bug of some kind some where in the Affinity code.

Affinity Photo 

I am thinking this is a case of no Redraw instruction is being sent to the OS for that panel or that part of the panel when the menu choice is made or confirmed. So many NS view controller routines to check and bind, properly. And then replace them with stuff that works for more than one OS.

Metal on or off I get weird stuff across all three applications.