You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Blend modes/textures/lighting filter experiment in Photo

jmwellborn

Have been trying various ways to create unusual backgrounds for some simple images.  Here is a first run.  (Decidedly not ready for the Louvre or the National Gallery of Art!!)

1071356992_hydrangeasontexture.jpg.0ee2ee865524fbf9c6f5a93182d3e5fb.jpg

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.
MacBook Pro 13" 2020, Apple M1 chip, 16GB unified memory, 256GB  SSD storage
,  Ventura 13.6.   Publisher, Photo, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.1.1.  
 iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen. IOS 16.6.1); Apple pencil.  
Wired and bluetooth mice and keyboards.9_9

Very nice work. I do love the color.

In the 1970's I painted my bedroom a shade of purple very very close to that one. That's as far as my parents would allow me to go. I wanted to do something a little more freaky, but dad reminded me that it was his house and if I wanted to stay there, I would be happy with it.

Originally wanted to paint the walls and ceiling black then come back and paint stars and planets in florescent and "glow in the dark" paints so that my blacklights would make them pop. Wanted the purple to make a "stone pathway". The desired effect would have resembled walking on purple stones to stand in the void of space. Somehow he didn't see how cool that would have been.

Sorry for hijacking your thread, but those colors brought back such a vivid memory. Maybe you could use the plant to become Jimi's hair (Jimi Hendrix) and create a really wild psychedelic poster that could transport some of us back to the Woodstock era.

Another effort.  Without the lighting filter but using a plugin for a crinkled effect underneath the marbled layer, and then a Soft Light Blend to keep the clarity of the lion's eyes.   (Perhaps best if I stick with Publisher and the written word.😔)

2061377946_liononmarble.thumb.jpg.f369b947bc76c7507a813fae8980cd31.jpg

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.
MacBook Pro 13" 2020, Apple M1 chip, 16GB unified memory, 256GB  SSD storage
,  Ventura 13.6.   Publisher, Photo, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.1.1.  
 iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen. IOS 16.6.1); Apple pencil.  
Wired and bluetooth mice and keyboards.9_9

Nice work. Takes lots of images before you get to where you want to be, but there's no real room for criticism.

Not sure if you used the crinkle effect on another layer, but if so, I might have used just a bit of gausian blur to soften the effect. But what do I know, I'm nowhere near where I want to be in my editing, but it a lot of fun.