You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Third party plugins not working with nef file

I use several third party plugins but they are not working with raw images.  I open my image into develop and make needed changes.  When I am finished I go into the Photo persona, rasterized my image.  When I go to the third party  filters  they are grayed out.  I don't know if its me not doing something right or Affinity will not work in raw with third party filters.

All is working with jpg files 

ps plugins.JPG

grayed out filters.JPG

Do you have the layer selected?

Not having the layer active even though it's rasterised will show the filters greyed out.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.4.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

• Staff

Hi @Ricci,

Welcome to the forums :)

I suspect this may be due to the Colour Space being used for your RAW files not being compatible with your plugins - can you please open Document > Convert Colour Space / ICC Profile and provide a screenshot of the options selected here?

Many thanks in advance!

I believe some third-party plugins only work with 8- or 16-bit images. If your developed .nefs are 32-bit, you might need to convert them or change the Raw Output Format in the Develop Assistant:

622161211_Screenshot2021-07-06at11_26_50.png.c8d6067ba2f1a2b639f9f34b30b31e60.png

Affinity Photo 2.0.3,  Affinity Designer 2.0.3, Affinity Publisher 2.0.3, Mac OSX 13, 2018 MacBook Pro 15" Intel.

Thank you all for your assistance. 

@h_dI checked in the Development tab and the RAW output is set to 32bit so I changed it to 16 bit but that didn't work.  I don't have a 8 bit listed in that window

@Dan C My color space originally was set to sRGB IEC61966-2.1, so I changed it to Adobe RGB (1998)liner.  Still it didn't work. I tried several other ICC profiles but sill not working the filters are still grayed out.   Do I have to restart Affinity for it t o take effect?

@firstdefence Yes I have the layer selected.

5 minutes ago, Ricci said:

I checked in the Development tab and the RAW output is set to 32bit so I changed it to 16 bit but that didn't work.  I don't have a 8 bit listed in that window

You could export it out as a jpeg or 8bit tiff to test. if its the bit rate that is causing the greyedoutedness. < epic made up word... Drops the mic lol!

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.4.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

26 minutes ago, Ricci said:

I don't have a 8 bit listed in that window

8-bit is not an option for developing a file. But after it's developed you can convert it using the Document > Convert Format/ICC Profile. Some plugins may require 8-bit.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

@walt.farrell @firstdefenceThank you I got it fixed.

I tested it out on my laptop and was working as  it should, so I looked at the setting that was using 16bit.  I changed it to 32bit and it still was working.  After I exited Affinity and opened it again then it stopped working.  So my answer to my question is I have to reopen Affinity before it is changed to 16 bit.  I went to my desktop and did the same thing and now its working. 

@h_d Thank you again you were right on. 

I am new to Affinity so all you guys have been a great help.