You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Crash when trying to add or delete pages

I'm laying out a magazine with more than 150 pages and a lot of linked images. When I try to add or delete pages, Publisher crashes. The timeline is near, and I don't know what to do.

I've tried to downgrade to 1.8.6 because I've done previous issues of the magazine with versions prior to 1.9, but I can't even open it precisely because it has been done with a recent version.

What could I do?

Since you are on a deadline, as one forum user to another, I suggest trying the latest beta to see if the underlying cause of your crash has been fixed in the beta.

When you install the beta, it will not overwrite the release version and its settings. The betas store all of their settings separately, so you can keep a copy of the release and the beta side-by-side. Furthermore, the latest release version can open files saved with the current beta (but this is not always the case, so be careful there).

A.) You could upload a related macOS crash report as file.

B.) In case the crash is related to a demanding memory I'd try:
(though I haven't run myself into such issue yet)

1. In the document setup reduce the document's resolution to e.g. 72 dpi 
  2. "Save as…" with a different file name
  3. Open the new .afpub + "Save as…" once more with a different name.

Does the resulting .afpub behave different then?

C.) Try to open the affected .afpub with the current Beta version, which is supposed to have an improved memory / image handling.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1