You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Problem with text wrap in AF Publisher for placed AF photo

There appears to be a problem with text wrap when placing an AF Photo image onto a page of text in AF Publisher. The text wrap square setting does not allow text up to the image. The attached file shows an extra border above the image. Placing a jpg of the same image gives the expected result. I am using AF Publisher 1.9.2

Afphototextwrap.afpub

Without the AF Photo file, it's hard to see what the problem is

But you can select the image then click the Edit Wrap Outline button (top of screen) and adjust accordingly

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

OK, thank you. I was sent a coloured jpg which I placed as a draft, then opened the jpg in AF Photo to change to black and white. Replacing the jpg with the afphoto changed the default wrap outline, which took me by surprise. Probably, the wrap outline for the afphoto was the whole, uncropped jpg while the cropped part of the jpg was visible.

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, MWOO said:

I set a text-wrap border but the text will not wrap tightly to the border and still follows the original square border.

From your screenshot it appears the text does wrap along your custom wrap outline but gets covered by the white background of the image.

To make the text fully appear you can either

• move the text layer above the image layer
• apply a (clipping) mask to the image
• remove / hide the white background in the image, e.g. via the layer's blend range options or an APhoto filter

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1